LETS SEE YOUR TRAILERS!!!!

alaska101

Observer
Just starting, over winter I will get everything I need and build in spring. No garage and snow soon.

96116eb0d9ee26556c02d8c1b16a953b.jpg

lysol

Explorer
I have been eyeing Adventure Trailer's Chaser. Everything that I want without the tent comes out to $12k. Not bad actually. This is without any battery system (Won't need it).

Adventure Copan

Adventurer
I have been eyeing Adventure Trailer's Chaser. Everything that I want without the tent comes out to $12k. Not bad actually. This is without any battery system (Won't need it).

I was looking at those in the beginning as well and then built one based on their trailers. Never actually used it and now selling it for only 5k obo, which is less than material.
4a82c2358140b63fdc1b9c38477a6206.jpg

Located in Texas 2 one four 7 three eight 22 one eight.

-Daniel Kent

paulyp

Here is mine.
Its not much just a 4x8 utility for now.
Got some 14" rims and tires for it, will be swapping them over soon.

Cheers
Paul

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 85

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
Got rid of the '12 JKUR last December and picked up an '04 LJ in January. Finally got it lifted and decided to hook up the trailer. Looks a lot better than before. Without the lift it was nose diving some awful. I already have an oversize tent cot and a double coming in on Friday to mount to the top. Going to use them for a while til I can justify spending the money on a real RTT.

IMG_20141023_213925_zps360a98df.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: That LJ looks great and if I get an older (than mine) jeep, I'll look for a yellow LJ-

Curiosity--why'd you get rid of the JKUR ??

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
Thanks! Yellow is not my favorite color but it has definitely grown on me. 3 of out 5 of my wranglers have been white. Lol. I've had an 82 CJ7, 91 YJ, 03 TJ, 12 JKUR, and now the 04 LJ. The LJ is by far my favorite. I have been happier with it then any other.

Why I got rid of the JKUR? - Every plastic piece on it was scratched from the trails at Pickett where we ride. Plus I had a guy make an offer I could not refuse. Paid $33,900 for it, I drove it for 2 years and 32,000 miles and got $32,000 out of it. And got rid of that car payment. Pretty good deal to me.

Offroading the JKUR at Pickett was a little hairy sometimes with the extra length. I know its not much longer than my LJ but when you are going over an obstacle in the JKU the rear end seems to "sit down" before the back tires finally crawled up. In the LJ, I never felt the "sit down" it crawled up anything I wanted. I did more on our last Pickett ride than several guys in the JKU's on 35s. Plus I used the rock rails on that JKUR quite a bit, but it was completely stock when wheeling it, if it had been lifted I may not have had that problem.

I do miss my JKUR because of the electronic swaybar disconnect and lockers. The jeep was stock the entire time I had it and never once let me down off/on road. I usually wheel with several JKs like I said eariler on 35s and the stock JKUR held its own. Now I did use my skid plates quite a bit since it was lacking in height but never met an obstacle that it failed at. All around great Jeep.

Last edited:

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming

Here is my home-brew expedition trailer, modeled after an Adventure Trailers Horizon. This has been one of the best additions to my 4x4 lifestyle and repertoire by far, and I love touring with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz