Lets talk about camp lights

ITTOG

Ive got red lights inside and outside the trailer door, they are wired to a dusk/dawn sensor so they turn on/off automagically.. really helps my 10yro Pyrenees get in and out of the trailer.. Its the only lighting I keep on.. dont screw with night vision nor attract a swarm of bugs.
View attachment 495869

Ive got 2 of these LED torches, I really like em.. they've survived abuse from kids and weather much better than my previous flashlights and I dont need to carry spare batteries since I can recharge it w/USB charge supplies.
Are the red lights the little round ones all over Amazon or are they something else.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
For the red LED's i use these...

For those talking about too much light by your neighbor...
(I get yah)......but.....
It really pays off to avoid campgrounds, and do disperse camping on BLM land...

The pic i posted above was some where in AZ in January... we were the only ones at the campground...
(I don't count the host)

perterra

Adventurer
For the red LED's i use these...

For those talking about too much light by your neighbor...
(I get yah)......but.....
It really pays off to avoid campgrounds, and do disperse camping on BLM land...

The pic i posted above was some where in AZ in January... we were the only ones at the campground...
(I don't count the host)

I understand ya, but I really dont recall ever seeing BLM land in Texas. There are some state forest, but even there camping is regulated

perterra

Adventurer
Wow really eh... did not know that...reason enough to explore out of state...
Lots of BLM out west and all the way north to AK and in between....

Yep, done a bunch of exploring in New Mex, Colorado, Arizona and Utah. But for me, I'm a solid 10 hour drive from El Paso. Not a short trip to be had with out crowds unless you go mid week.

MOguy

Explorer
Legitimate ExPo guys dont use propane.
Its kerosene mantle lamps. Coleman, Tilley, Petromax, etc..
They put out considerably more light over propane or gasoline. You can get by just fine with only 3 or 4 kerosene lamps.

I spent years in the Infantry and got buy with just night vision but when camping many people don't want to just get buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz