Lexus GX 460 & 470 owner's thread

MotoDave

Explorer
I have a 23 Lux 460 with Off-Road package. There are two stock hooks on the front bumper. I was told the are not recovery points which makes since as the low hanging plastic goes lower then the hooks. So if you attached a yank rope it would trash the plastic bumper. Wonder if they are recovery hooks the were designed for the Toyota Prada but lexus add they plastic bumper and just left the hooks.
They're tie down points for shipping. As AlwaysRoaming said you can get recovery points like these: https://www.treatyoakoffroad.com/product/gx460-5th-gen-4runner-recovery-point

Nikilrho

Hello Zelzeman,

So I just bought a 2023 460 Luxury with Off-Road package.

It will have 19" gray split spoke gray wheels. I assume the tires will not be very All Terain ish. I would like to go Falken Wild Peak AT3W E rated as I will be towing a 3,800 pound (max fully loaded) off road trailer.

If I tear off the 19s should I go 17" rims with the wild peaks? What is the biggest size of tire for my stock set up?

Why no brake controller on this rig? Red ARK the best?

Love your rig and thanks in advance for any help you could give me.
You can get the stock 18s and use wild peaks or yoko a/t. Lexus wheels are expensive but well made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke