Lhanson 1st Gen Tundra Build

lhanson

Adventurer
Time to ditch the flares?? I think Tundras look so much better without them.

I had to massage my inner liner a bit when I first got my SCS wheels, and that was on a 265/75.

I plan to ditch the fender flares. I have been looking into fiberglass fenders that are stock width as I have now but with a hair more rise. That would solve the problem.

My inner fender and pinch weld got massaged with a 10lb malet a while ago hahaha

lhanson

Adventurer
So looks like my lower control arm bushings are dissengrating. They have 200k+ miles on them. I have been looking into getting moogs. Any reports on quality of these?

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
I tubbed my inner fender for 35s and took about 3 inches out of my stock fender. Still stuffed it and did a bit of damage on one slide. Only rub I have is on the frame just before fill lock, but once I get my new suspension and a new alignment so hope to fix that.

I got a set of Mevotech LCAs and toasted my bushings within 5000KM. I replaced them with MOOGs and have had no problem since. Last time I ordwred MOOGs from rock auto theybkept sending my two lefts... three times.

I got a full lower replacement even tho I have a press. Looking back I may of kept my OEMs and did just the bushings as there was a thread on tundra solutions about alignment issues with aftermarket LCA. I'll see how it goes after so get my coilovers in.

lhanson

Adventurer
I tubbed my inner fender for 35s and took about 3 inches out of my stock fender. Still stuffed it and did a bit of damage on one slide. Only rub I have is on the frame just before fill lock, but once I get my new suspension and a new alignment so hope to fix that.

I got a set of Mevotech LCAs and toasted my bushings within 5000KM. I replaced them with MOOGs and have had no problem since. Last time I ordwred MOOGs from rock auto theybkept sending my two lefts... three times.

I got a full lower replacement even tho I have a press. Looking back I may of kept my OEMs and did just the bushings as there was a thread on tundra solutions about alignment issues with aftermarket LCA. I'll see how it goes after so get my coilovers in.

I see there are a few companies selling poly bushings so my thoughts were to get moogs and remove the rubber ones and put poly bushings in.

I some how knocked my camber out of alignment in whistler. Has anyone done aftermarket alignment tabs?

smokeysevin

Observer
I have the poly bushings and they are awful, they have like 1/4 inch of forwards and backwards play so the whole control arm can slide forwards and backwards. I am not sure if my kit was missing some washers or something but they don't fit properly right now.

Sean

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
I see there are a few companies selling poly bushings so my thoughts were to get moogs and remove the rubber ones and put poly bushings in.

I some how knocked my camber out of alignment in whistler. Has anyone done aftermarket alignment tabs?

If you look on my thread, you'll see near the end my LCA stuff.

As for alignment tabs. I just re enforced the OEM ones with welds on the back edges. I know SeanPistol did the same. I always mark my tabs and last trip I had no rotation.

tyv12

Adventurer
The oem LCAs aren't that much money and they u don't have to worry about pressing anything and it slaps right in, what I've gone with poly suspension components in cold
Weather is they just don't last I've been switching back to rubber cuz I'm
Sick of the squeaking and groaning in the cold
From poly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lhanson

Adventurer
The oem LCAs aren't that much money and they u don't have to worry about pressing anything and it slaps right in, what I've gone with poly suspension components in cold
Weather is they just don't last I've been switching back to rubber cuz I'm
Sick of the squeaking and groaning in the cold
From poly

Lowest price I have found on oem lower control arms is $260 per side plus shipping. Any leads on a better price than that?

tyv12

Adventurer
That's not bad oem bushings are $100/bushing and u need 4. These tundras can have nightmare alignment issues so I don't trust aftermarket for some of that stuff but that's me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior