Lifting a 04 Silverado

salve7

Adventurer
Hello all, please excuse my ineptitude on the subject but I am a Rover guy and these domestics dont have the wrist slitting engineering that I am used to. I have a buddy that wants a two inch lift on his 04 Silverado. What is involved with this and what would be the easiest/ cheapest way to go? Blocks in the back and something up front? I think he would consider a proper lift (the non rover equiv to some 2" springs and shocks) but I have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciated and pictures/ other resources would help a lot.
Thanks,
Jay

bunni

Crank the torsion bars up in the front (Should get you 2"), or go with a set of Ford green torsion keys (Should get you 3") if he's unable to get the amount of lift he wants (Is this a 1/2 or 3/4 ton Silverado?). Blocks in the back.

salve7

Adventurer
Im not sure if it is a 1/2 or 3/4... I will have to ask him at work tomorrow. Are there any write ups showing how to do this in the front?

sdmarkus

I leveled my 2500 HD a few months back with the ready lift keys and new Bilsteins 5100's all the way around. I was able to fit 18" rims and 285/65 BFG's with no rubbing. It's by far one of less expensive ways to go and something most weekend warriors can do themselves. I'm not sure if it's the shocks or re-indexing the t-bars, but it's a much stiffer ride than stock.

http://www.readylift.com/c-37-silverado-15002500hd-2000-2010-2wd-4wd-8-lug-25.aspx

http://www.norcaltruck.com/shop/index.php?cPath=2_386

Plenty of other options depending on how much cheese you want to spend...

Last edited:

salve7

Adventurer
Awesome, thanks for the replys. It is a 1/2 ton so does that change anything? Are there any online instructions that you all know about or am I better off doing a search?
Thanks
Jay

cocco78

Adventurer
Cranking up the torsion bars will give you a terrible ride and reindexing keys or ford keys just let you crank it up more and will get you a nice harsh ride. But it will get you 2" of lift... When you crank up the torsion bars it like increasing the spring rate. People usually crank up the t-bars when they add a plow to their truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior