Light Force 240 mounts

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Where am I going to put my 2 Light Force 240's? I will get an ARB before long, but I never thought that was the best place for lights anyway. High is good. Can I use a Thule bar or something like that?

also, where do I buy my OME suspension kit? I want to support this forum as much as possible.

Thanks for all of your help!

:camping:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Schattenjager said:
Where am I going to put my 2 Light Force 240's? I will get an ARB before long, but I never thought that was the best place for lights anyway. High is good. Can I use a Thule bar or something like that?

also, where do I buy my OME suspension kit? I want to support this forum as much as possible.

Thanks for all of your help!

:camping:

What type of mounts do your 240's have? Most sold recently have the low mounts included in the box.

I seem to recall you having an '05 Taco? Is this correct?

I would look into Shrockworks for the front bumper...:drool:

e3774fda4e2e054a9817640034a861e0.jpg

Let us know if the 3rd gen Taco is what you have and I'll Help you find a mount.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Man, I love this portal.

Yup, I have an 05 Tacoma. I hesitate putting lights on the bumper because 1) they are quite large and 2) seems like a great place for damage. However, options being limited, to the bumper they might just go...

I really want a bumper before I hit the Alaska Highway, but the freight of shipping knocks the price out of my reach on most bars - even ARB out of Seattle. But, in time, I will have what I want.

Checking your link now - thanks!!!

flyingwil

Ok here is your options (that I can get) for an '05 Taco:

Daystar Light Bar KT70027BK: $155 + Shipping

"gasp" Pro Comp 2500 Light Bar: $125.95

Carr Roof top light bar: $106.38 (need a gutterless mount $21.25) Total = $127.63

Here is other dealers:
Defiant Truck Products DTP-502-004-2: $280.00

Demello Front light bar 05-06: $299

KC HiLites Front Light Bar: $300.95

At the prices of all these... I honestly think they are garbage. If you can fabricate your own make shift mount, I would do that and save up some $ for the bumper.

flyingwil

I can get the ARB, but am not a typical ARB dealer, so you can normally get them cheaper elsewhere. From me ARB part # 3423030 would be $815 + Shipping. Since I do not carry them, it might take a while for the order to complete (aprox 1-2 weeks).

For the OME options our prices would be as follows:
Front Stock/Light Load (0-110lbs) Spring 1.75" Part # OME885 = $69.25
Shock Part # N140S = $136.21
Heavy Load (110-220lbs) Spring 1.75" OME886 = $69.25
2005-06 Rear Medium Load (0lbs to GVW) Spring 2.75" 2 CS047R1 = $170.70
Shock N182 = $76.50

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
what setup would you suggest for my 05 Tacoma with ARB bumper - no winch and little more than maximum stock load capacity? Once I can figure the final setup cost including shipping, I'll be happy to give you the business.
:bike_rider:

As a dealer, can't you just ARB drop ship it from Seattle?

asteffes

Explorer
Schattenjager said:
Man, I love this portal.

Yup, I have an 05 Tacoma. I hesitate putting lights on the bumper because 1) they are quite large and 2) seems like a great place for damage. However, options being limited, to the bumper they might just go...

I really want a bumper before I hit the Alaska Highway, but the freight of shipping knocks the price out of my reach on most bars - even ARB out of Seattle. But, in time, I will have what I want.

Checking your link now - thanks!!!

Take a peek inside your stuck bumper. There is almost *no* metal behind the plastic cover. The "bumper" is a simple aluminum beam in the lowest part of the plastic skin. There is *no* protection up high in the event of an animal strike or other impact. I would definitely consider a real aftermarket bumper if you're going to explore anywhere you might encounter a deer or something running across the road. These light bars are worthless for anything but propping up lights.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Ok not sure how animal damage is but I hit a corolla at around 30mph, I was slowing from 55mph but had limited time to slow. I looked up saw the car and tagged the brakes then blam. 4Runner 1 Corolla 0. LightForces 1st then the with the TJM. The worst damage was obviously was to the corolla. I broke 1 light forcer but only the reflector which was $60 and suffered a crack and scratch to my grill $100 ish but not worth replacing. The 240's are bright and worth it.
P9010372.jpg

P9010373.jpg

P9010370.jpg

Aaron

flyingwil

Schattenjager said:
what setup would you suggest for my 05 Tacoma with ARB bumper - no winch and little more than maximum stock load capacity? Once I can figure the final setup cost including shipping, I'll be happy to give you the business.
:bike_rider:

As a dealer, can't you just ARB drop ship it from Seattle?

Yikes....

Honestly I would suggest Donahoe Coilovers for the front, but they are pricey. Going with your orginal post about the OME's I think that you would need the OME886 to support the weight of the Bull Bar, and later on down the road a whinch if desired.

As xcmountain80 mentioned, TJM bumpers also make outstanding bumpers that may be comprable to the ARB.

If you would like to discuss the pricing options, shoot me a PM or e-mail me and we can keep it off the forum.

Another option might be a Westin style Bull Bar such as this:
TYBB201WPR.jpg

However, this too offers little protection. Your best bet would be to save up for an ARB, TJM, Demello, AllPro, or Shorckworks bumper, which offer you the protection and have been designed for the abuse we put our bumpers through. In the long run it will save you money for other mods.

Bottom Line, it is your truck and you need to pick what works for you and your needs.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
You definetly want the heavy front coils for the taco. I would run a thule bar to mount personally. We have messed witht he Carr system and it really flexes at trail and highway speeds so your lights tend to bounce around. THe crossbar is just to weak. go for something else.

flyingwil

Nullifier said:
You definetly want the heavy front coils for the taco.
:iagree: The ARB, winch, possible dual batteries all need to play into the deciding factor.
Nullifier said:
I would run a thule bar to mount personally. We have messed witht he Carr system and it really flexes at trail and highway speeds so your lights tend to bounce around. THe crossbar is just to weak. go for something else.

Good to know...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior