Loading photos from iPad?

Daz b

G'day I'm trying to load photos from iPad when I send the photos across to they show the right way up but when they go to my thread they are upside down and if I rotate the photo on the iPad to upside down it comes to the thread upside down but some photos come across the right way up it is crazy is there a way to use the iPad or do l have to use computer?cheers Daz

Decanter

Adventurer
I've run into the same thing on with my phone. I've heard the Tapatalk app makes it easier. I just skip the photos because its a PITA. Something with this forum software.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I've yet to completely figure out how IOS handles photos. One thing I've heard but not tested is that the problem you describe is dependent on on how the iPad/iPhone was oriented when you took the pic. If you hold it so it's "normal" way up when you take the pic it will show up properly when you sent it to a forum, but if you rotate the pic taker from normal it will show up correctly on your device but show up rotated elsewhere. Something goofy like that. Like I said, I haven't tested that, but it's what I'd heard.

Daz b

I've yet to completely figure out how IOS handles photos. One thing I've heard but not tested is that the problem you describe is dependent on on how the iPad/iPhone was oriented when you took the pic. If you hold it so it's "normal" way up when you take the pic it will show up properly when you sent it to a forum, but if you rotate the pic taker from normal it will show up correctly on your device but show up rotated elsewhere. Something goofy like that. Like I said, I haven't tested that, but it's what I'd heard.

That makes sense because some photos go through ok but some don't how do you tell which way is correct when you take the photo I'm left handed so every thing is ******** about I'll google iPhone and take a photo each way and see what happens cheers Daz

tgreening

Expedition Leader
That makes sense because some photos go through ok but some don't how do you tell which way is correct when you take the photo I'm left handed so every thing is ******** about I'll google iPhone and take a photo each way and see what happens cheers Daz

On the phone I'd say normal is like you would hold it in your hand to speak on it. Short side up, button at the bottom. iPad, not sure. To me I always hold that with the button to the right, but it may be that it should be held just like the phone, with the button at the bottom.

Daz b

Houston we have lift off.when holding the iPad/iPhone horizontally If you take a photo with you right finger it works if you take a photo with left finger it is correct on camera but up side down when you load it to site, you learn something every day I just wish it wasn't so taxing cheers Daz

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier