long term 101 project

LR Max

Local Oaf
Might I suggest going with a V8 discovery transfer case instead of swapping out the diffs? 1.2 instead of 1.4 high range. Probably a little bit of an easier job and can drop your revs down some. Also retain the nice 5.57 diff ratio if you need it off road.

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
At Escot Park - we lived a few miles up the road at Payhembury and used to go every year. Went from '03 until we moved back up north to Somerset so '07 would be last year

buff

Observer
Hi, already running disco ratio box. So using 4.7 diffs is cheaper than using the old three speed auto range rover ratio's as second hand boxs are hard to find.

buff

Observer
Redneck, if it was around the time of the levs first album it would have been on NMA's impurity tour

buff

Observer
At Escot Park - we lived a few miles up the road at Payhembury and used to go every year. Went from '03 until we moved back up north to Somerset so '07 would be last year

Only done the last 3 years after years of reading festival, wouldn't dream of doing any other festival now :)

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Just waiting for the youngest child to get a little bigger - so we hope to back there next year; although I do fancy Cropredy...

gethewson

i'd love to see some pictures of your elevating roof your hinge area and how you have stopped water ingress when down.
regards james

buff

Observer
Jame's hopefully this picture will make sense, Theres a 2x2 alloy angle channel that run's around the side and back riveted to the body. There is then a closed foam strip that the roof sits on, the roof side cladding then conceals the strip for added weather proofing. The hing is not visible at all, its a 3mm thick stainless steel piano hinge thats the full width of the body. It bolts to a 2x1 box that bolts to the windscreen frame, the 2x1 sits on its end with a 1x1 box welded along the front edge flush to the top. The hing sits on this, directly behind it is another 1x1 welded to the 2x1. So in effect the hinge sits in a steel L shape, the front of the roof that bolts to that is a 2x1 box on its flat. Its fit's very tightly together and so far ive not had any water come in at all along the front, with the roof up or down.
405578_10150457807602483_1201981514_n.jpg

buff

Observer
Cheer's i wanted it to resemble a radio bodied 101, but not to be a complete copy at the same time .46612_424550772482_556697482_5445689_6486535_n.jpg

buff

Observer
Not really a fan of shiny tread plate, but its functional and hard wearing when making trips to the dump and carrying wood.
1459891_10151820381967483_1032427980_n.jpg
Plus i now have somewhere to cook that doesn't stink out the inside as much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior