Long term Atturo Trail Blade X/T 285/60R18 120H XL review

Yep; concur all around! Nothing against Goodyear cuz they are great; I just happen to have had the same great success on BFG and I will not change tires until I find a solid review AND personal experience that proves me wrong.

For me:
1) BFG KO or KM
2) Goodyear Duratrac
3) Cooper STT
4) General

Wouldn't even consider anything else! Like a helmet; you get what you pay for!

DieselRanger

Not to be a downer, but these reviews are useless without an A/B comparison. Especially as somebody who admits to coming from standard all seasons.

For an extra $60/corner, I put a reputable tire (Goodyear Duratrac) on my LR3.

My personal experience has been never to cheap out on tires. I've never regretted buying high end tires - be it for a track/race car, street driven sports car, standard daily, truck, offroader.... but I sure have regretted cheaping out.

Again, not saying these off-brand tires are bad, but usually this is the case. But no way to know without an A/B comparo.
The Lucky8 guys run Trail Blades...I'd say they are a reputable reviewer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Blaise

The Lucky8 guys run Trail Blades...I'd say they are a reputable reviewer.

And if they post an A/B review of them alongside another tire such as GY or BFG, then this would be a worthy review. Assuming they carry both tires to prevent bias.

Evomike

Not to be a downer, but these reviews are useless without an A/B comparison. Especially as somebody who admits to coming from standard all seasons.

My personal experience has been never to cheap out on tires. I've never regretted buying high end tires - be it for a track/race car, street driven sports car, standard daily, truck, offroader.... but I sure have regretted cheaping out.

Again, not saying these off-brand tires are bad, but usually this is the case. But no way to know without an A/B comparo.
A/B
Had cooper stt pros and absolutely loved them until they wore extremely poorly and choppy very fast, I thought it was my alignment so I checked it and was all good. Ditched them and bought trail blades and they wore great performed just as good in everything I threw at them and were half the price.

I traded that truck in and am on my second set and have 20k miles on this set and they’re probably half worn and wearing very even.

gatorgrizz27

You said what I was going to, though I’m running KO2’s. There is a place for cheap tires, like a high school kid with a Ford Ranger working at the auto parts store, a single mom with a Toyota Corolla, or a hunting truck that’s rarely driven on pavement. Running an LR3 as a DD on the highway and off road wouldn’t be one of those choices for me.

Brakes, shocks, and tires are things worth spending the $ for IMO. Having one of them throw the tread off, last 30k miles instead of 50, or just shake and rattle the whole time is false economy.

That being said, tire companies can come into the game and make quality stuff. Cooper tires were considered second rate when I was growing up, but it’s commonly accepted that they are on par with if not better than BFG, Goodyear, etc, at this point. Maybe these tires will be one of those cases.

One thing that helps newer companies is being able to copy some other designs, the trail blades appear very similar to the Toyo MT’s, which are well regarded.

MontySquareo

Any further updates on the trail blades? I was thinking of getting some trail blade a/t for my truck because the michelins from 2012 don't squish anymore, they've become run-flats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior