Looking for Compact Camera with flip-up screen

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
I'm looking for a compact camera that would have a flip-up screen so I could take pictures holding the camera in front of my stomach looking in the screen from above. Anybody knows about a camera like this?

dare2go

Observer
Don't think there's anything currently on the market anymore... I have a NIKON Coolpix S10 for exactly this reason (I used to have the Nikon 995 before), I love it, and the image quality is quite good except under dark conditions (too much noise). It's a great camera to take photos of people in public places without them noticing it.

JackW

Explorer
Canon G11 & G12 cameras have a flip out screen. I have an older Canon G5 with one and the feature does come in handy. The flip out screen feature was discontinued for the Canon G6 through G10 models but reinstated when the G11 came out 2-3 years ago. I use a G10 at work and its a remarkable camera. You can go to the Canon website and purchase a factory refurbished G11 when they have some in their system. Sometimes they are available through the Canon Loyalty program for $260 if you have any kind of broken Canon Camera to exchange. Canon Loyalty Program: 1-800-828-4040

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior