Looking for new off road camper trailer

GkraneTX

Also, do you think a lock and roll type hitch would be better for the beach or would a regular ball hitch do the trick?

Clweed

Also, do you think a lock and roll type hitch would be better for the beach or would a regular ball hitch do the trick?

I went with the lock n roll but for the beach a ball hitch should be fine, I have a Honda EU2200i for the ac, runs the ac no problem and it is pretty quiet

VORSHEER

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Here is our VORSHEER Trailer on a sandy beach:
Huber 08.jpg

We can add an air conditioner too for the humid and hot southern states:
AC 02.jpg

You'll do well with our standard 285/70R17 tires (33"). The trailer has an incredible 23" of ground clearance.

Call or text us to get sample build sheet: 385-685-5037
Or email: sales@vorsheer.com

Thanks,
-David

Pax2525

Adventurer
Id recommend checking out Boreas Campers (Formally Into the Wild Overland)... they make a beefy trailer that doesn't have a piece of wood in it. Perfect for those South Texas conditions between the sun and humidity there would be any deterioration or swelling. They have an AC option so it will allow you to play all year long!!!

Check them out... https://boreascampers.com

WildRig

Approved Vendor : Boreas Campers
Id recommend checking out Boreas Campers (Formally Into the Wild Overland)... they make a beefy trailer that doesn't have a piece of wood in it. Perfect for those South Texas conditions between the sun and humidity there would be any deterioration or swelling. They have an AC option so it will allow you to play all year long!!!

Check them out... https://boreascampers.com
Thanks for the shout out! Thats right Zero Wood construction!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I've been testing a TAXA Tiger Moth trailer. the one huge advantage of this trailer is you can sit up like a human inside.

If you are going to be using it mostly on the sand and you won't need a really heavy duty off-road trailer.

So far I put over 10, 000 miles on this trailer in 2 months to include over 2, 000 miles of extreme off-road driving to Prudhoe Bay and Tuk .

As an update to this post. The trailer turned out not to be well suited to rough road use. After I wrote this post, I noticed the trailer popping rivets and the frame pulling up from the floor. The frame cracked on the way home and the trailer totaled. The Torsion axle was also damaged.

I forgot about this post so I'm glad I can update it. While the Tiger Moth was a nice design , it is not an off-road and hard use trailer. I also would like to edit my comment about off-road use. At no time did I drive the trailer "off-road". The Dalton and Dempster highways are designated government highways and are rough roads similar to some "off-road" roads but in fact official highways.

billiebob

As an update to this post. The trailer turned out not to be well suited to rough road use. After I wrote this post, I noticed the trailer popping rivets and the frame pulling up from the floor. The frame cracked on the way home and the trailer totaled. The Torsion axle was also damaged.

I forgot about this post so I'm glad I can update it. While the Tiger Moth was a nice design , it is not an off-road and hard use trailer. I also would like to edit my comment about off-road use. At no time did I drive the trailer "off-road". The Dalton and Dempster highways are designated government highways and are rough roads similar to some "off-road" roads but in fact official highways.
yep, I think this applies to most manufactured trailers. 2000 miles of gravel highway will destroy most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz