Looking for source for closed cell foam

ADVdreams

Im looking to upgrade the mattresses in my partially converted van. The existing foam seems to be low density open cell urethane.

I found these sport seats at Cabelas that seem like an ideal material. Listed as softek closed cell foam.

wondering if anyone has found a source for this material or similar closed cell foam? It seems like a much better material for 1”-2” mattress/sleeping pads than the common open cell urethane “yellow” foam.

interested in any alternative recommendations as well. The van is set up for bunk sleeping arrangements so thinner mattresses provide more headroom/space.

W

The Artisan

Adventurer
Im looking to upgrade the mattresses in my partially converted van. The existing foam seems to be low density open cell urethane.

I found these sport seats at Cabelas that seem like an ideal material. Listed as softek closed cell foam.

wondering if anyone has found a source for this material or similar closed cell foam? It seems like a much better material for 1”-2” mattress/sleeping pads than the common open cell urethane “yellow” foam.

interested in any alternative recommendations as well. The van is set up for bunk sleeping arrangements so thinner mattresses provide more headroom/space.

W
I am working with a co that makes mattresses for me for my toppers. They are usa made organic high density latex. I have tested it on my living room floor and I like the density.
Kevin

john61ct

Adventurer
Not yet at that stage.

Looking for their direct contact info FFR or to advise others looking.

If you are not willing to share that I understand

The Artisan

Adventurer
Not yet at that stage.

Looking for their direct contact info FFR or to advise others looking.

If you are not willing to share that I understand
The co I deal with do not sell direct to the public they are a manufacturer and I am a supplier of custom size and standard mattresses. I have used them in the past for custom furniture cushions so I worked with them on a mattress for me
Kevin

Stitebunny

Adventurer
I am kind of in the same boat for my van. My bench seat cushions will double as my bed mattress.
I ordered some samples from foam factory and have emailed with them. They are quite helpful.
it is hard to decide on a product without actually sitting or laying on it though....

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
I ordered some samples from foam factory and
it is hard to decide on a product without actually sitting or laying on it though....
It looks like you are from Renton, Washington? There's got to be 100's of upholstery and fabric supply shops within 2 hours drive where you could go try different types of foam products and get advice.
Do a search on the internet, make some calls, put on your mask and get to work.
;)
EDIT: Looks like these guys have a couple stores near your house, https://friendlyfoam.com/foam-facts/

ADVdreams

We actually have a latex mattress at home and really like it. I didn’t think of it before you suggested it but unconsciously that’s probably exactly what I’m trying to recreate but thinner and lower cost.

I will keep searching

ADVdreams

These are the two products that I think may be similar to what I am looking for. I guess I need to just order some samples

fritz

Traveler

These are the two products that I think may be similar to what I am looking for. I guess I need to just order some samples

Have purchased from them in the past- good company to work with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles