Looking for Tongue box with side door instead of top

Josh41

Adventurer
Any one ever see a tongue box like this with the side opening? I would love to replace my top opening and put 2 bike trays on it.
Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 7.13.59 PM.png

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
I flipped two on their side and mounted them on my scout trailer? Got them from harbor freight. They have one their that has a zero clearance lid?! It will open to the front, unless you bought 2 put them is at an angle \ /

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

billiebob

If you can't find one, it might be a unicorn, you could buy a door, cut the hole, bolt it on.
Bike trays on the top correct.

Have you called the camper manufacturer pictured ?

Last edited:

NatersXJ6

Explorer
There is another thread on this a few months ago. IIRC A source is identified but they are $$ and heavy. Have you run a search?

Those are pretty much custom. I'm having one made for my custom off-road teardrop. One side will have a 75L fridge/freezer on a slide, the other side battery and electronics. Cost to me via a welding friend will be about $1000. cdn excluding the slides.

ScottReb

Adventurer
We'd gladly build you one, even put a custom designed rack on it for ya, but being on the other coast is tough for shipping. Any decent fabrication shop should be able to make one, but it won't be cheap.

tatanka48

big truck trailers use them under the edge of large flatbeds

and so do some welding truck/custom pick up flat bed manufacturers

giggle "flat bed truck tool boxes" and you'll find bunches of all sizes n shapes along w/ sources

they are commercial grade units so expect $$

"T"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne