Love Being In The Dog House (trailer)

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Weekend Trip

Finally got to get out and spend some time with the family. Spent last weekend at Choke Canyon SP. Trailer did awesome and we were very comfortable. AC unit helped of course. The shelf I added to the front ended up being the best mod I have done. It was very useful for holding things while in the trailer.

CC02.jpg

CC03.jpg

CC04.jpg

CC05.jpg

CC06.jpg

Sb_Moto

Adventurer
how is that climateright treating you? I was going to use a window unit in mine, but I think I have decided to try the climateright.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
how is that climateright treating you? I was going to use a window unit in mine, but I think I have decided to try the climateright.

It works good. I have the AC and heater one. Little heavy when you have to move it, but I like the fact that I have the option to take it or not. I do not always need it and unless you take a generator everywhere or stay where there is power an AC unit is no good and can be dead weight.

Sharpie

Observer
Very cool trailer, Congrats! I hope this question hasn't been asked yet, but sorry if I missed it. How are you keeping the water tank from rubbing against the support straps or its inclosure as a whole? I will be installing one very similar to yours and can't see how the tank won't get chafed and eventually leak. Thanks. That AC is a much needed mod here in Texas.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Very cool trailer, Congrats! I hope this question hasn't been asked yet, but sorry if I missed it. How are you keeping the water tank from rubbing against the support straps or its inclosure as a whole? I will be installing one very similar to yours and can't see how the tank won't get chafed and eventually leak. Thanks. That AC is a much needed mod here in Texas.

There is a slim piece of foam insulation above the tank and the tank is encased in the steel skid plate with no movement.

Ngneer

Observer
Hey TM, with the ports for the a/c hookup located, does the air blow on ur head or do you sleep on the other end. Have been talking to Wes at the Indy location. He's said they could b moved higher if wished. Would this b necessary? I don't want it blowing on my head. Thanks nice setup. I'm down to this one or one called PeeWee teardrop around Nashville. It's a tough call. Come on with some more updates man! Thanks again

Last edited:

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Hey TM, with the ports for the a/c hookup located, does the air blow on ur head or do you sleep on the other end. Have been talking to Wes at the Indy location. He's said they could b moved higher if wished. Would this b necessary? I don't want it blowing on my head. Thanks nice setup. I'm down to this one or one called PeeWee teardrop around Nashville. It's a tough call. Come on with some more updates man! Thanks again

I sleep with my head to the back of the trailer. The vents on the inside can be rotated to direct the air in which direction you want. If you are getting the climate rite unit 1 hose is supply and the other is intake so only 1 side is actually pushing air and the other side pulling. I do not have any issues with the air flow.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Expo 2016

I got to live in the doghouse for 2 weeks as we made our way through NM and AZ to attend Overland Expo 2016. We had a little rain and mud on the way up there, but the weather finally cleared out and was just windy and cool. Was an awesome trip and the trailer did awesome. Very comfortable and dry iniside

Kirks and my trailer getting supplies
20160516_103634.jpg

Got a little snow up at 9,000ft
20160517_135140.jpg

Very muddy on rim road. Had to stop at a carwash to get it all off and out of the wheels
20160518_120456.jpg

My kitchen set up. Worked awesome along with my Tembo Tusk Skottle
20160519_074957.jpg

In Jerome Az.
20160523_140047.jpg

Ngneer

Observer
Nice!! I googled the kitchen, any chance passing along a model #. Looking good I like the mods u have done. Great ideas to b used. Love the pics. Does the gatorz come highly recommended? Thanks

Ngneer

Observer
The 2 door sizes which would b the better option. Any do overs if u could? Thinking very seriously about this trailer, sorry for all the questions. Thanks

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Nice!! I googled the kitchen, any chance passing along a model #. Looking good I like the mods u have done. Great ideas to b used. Love the pics. Does the gatorz come highly recommended? Thanks

Here is the Campmate kitchen. Unfortunately it is not made anymore, but I got lucky on a CL find. The Tailgater works awesome. I fold it up when not in use and put it on the shelf. Holds allot and still folds up nicely
http://www.amazon.com/Doskocil-CAMPMATE-ORGANIZER/dp/B0000B15CR?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

http://www.amazon.com/Tailgaterz-Ha...TF8&qid=1465213967&sr=1-2&keywords=tailgaterz

The 2 door sizes which would b the better option. Any do overs if u could? Thinking very seriously about this trailer, sorry for all the questions. Thanks

I like my door swing on the side. Allows room to most of the back of the trailer. No do-overs for me. I liked the blank canvas I had to make my own. you can PM me with more questions if you want.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Solar Slide

I had my solar panel mounted on top of the roof cross bars and with the basket up there I had to over hang both of them to fit. Putting the panel under the basket meant it would be blocked and not charging 100% so the gears got turning and I made a slide out for it. Aluminum channel in 1.25" x 1.25" is not sold at Lowes and I cannot make it to a steel supply company. I just used a 8' piece of 1" angle and made it into channel, but at the width I needed it. I joined it using basic hardware. Once I had the 2 channels made I drilled holes into the cross bars to attach them to. Made final width adjustments and bolted in place. Worked out pretty well for just throwing it together. Now I can slide it out to charge 100% or completely remove it to charge the battery in my land cruiser if needed since I already have a solar controller mounted in there. Not 100% done, but functional for now.

The panel mounted.
20160609_195833.jpg

Slid out
20160609_195753.jpg

Slid out with basket
20160609_200130.jpg

Put away
20160609_201744.jpg

T-Rey1

Adventurer
the Small Things

1 thing I found I needed was somewhere to put my shoes after I get in the trailer. I found a over the door shoe holder and cut it in half since it was the length of a house door. I added grommets to the section I cut and now I have to holders. 1 for each door. I also picked up a sticker map of the united states so I can start filling in the states we visit in the trailer

20160605_214544.jpg

20160606_202614.jpg

T-Rey1

Adventurer
2016 Vacation

So I got to take a 3,700 mile vacation up to Yellowstone NP and through 6 states with my wife and son. We spent 10 days in the trailer and had an awesome time. Weather was perfect and trailer was comfortable for the 3 of us. Here are some pics from the trip

First stop was at Palo Duro Texas SP

PD.jpg

Second stop was at Boyd Lake Colorado SP

BL.jpg

At Yellowstone. All set up with awning and changing room

YS1.jpg

YS2.jpg

Dinosaur Monument National Monument

DNM.jpg

Lincoln National Forrest

LNF1.jpg

LNF2.jpg