LR3 Branch’s Deflelctors

GORM

Adventurer
Any suggestions how to mount branch deflectors on LR3 without bull bar bumper? Pics and/or suggestions appreciated.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Really difficult to do w/o bar. The bonnet goes from side to side with no break as many vehicles have. So once installed you can't lift the bonnet. You could always bolt into the bonnet but keep in mind that it is aluminum and might bend or distort easily. Certainly can't put anything to it with magnets.
You might be able to hook over the forward edge with some type of clamp but the tension you would need may bend the front edge.
You might send someone ahead with a chain saw to clear a path.
I have never seen branch deflectors on a 3 or 4 only on the earlier versions of the LR.

GORM

Adventurer
Thanks for response. That's pretty much what I thought. With stock bumper, I thought only option would be to make some hardened brackets that run out from under the hood toward the front. The bumper isn't wide enough behind the plastic portion for a post of any strength.

Given I am not a fabricator, risk is likely high it looks great until I hit a decent size branch and it bends back onto the hood. Might as well wait until I get the bumper.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Both ARB and Tactical4X make incredible bumpers for the 3. I have ARB in the front and Tactical in the back with swing away tire carrier (don't think putting a spare tire under the vehicle is at all a bright design idea). Did not get a petrol can holder for the back, just fabricated a plate for under the LR that holds two Jerry cans in the space that the spare once occupied. Now I always have an extra 10 gallons of fuel.
Even with the bull bar front bumper there is very little room to put branch deflectors on with out infringing on front hood lifting space. Actually don't think it is worth it but I don't have the same type trails you have in the East, more open with little branch issues.

check this site http://www.bushcables.com

Last edited:
you can pick up all of the hardware to include adjustable turn-buckles to tension the cables at any big box hardware/home store. You can also buy the cable there and some places have silicon and/or rubber coated cable. All in all, depending on your budget you can make a full set for less than $40.

Check out hood mount CB/GMRS antenna mounts. I believe there are a few companies that make them for the Disco 3 in Africa and Australia so I am sure someone here makes them. Buy two and install eyelets in the antenna holes.

I have not done any research on parts for this but just a few suggestions in hope it helps you out. My limb-risers are rolled up in the pelican case and I have yet to use them, although my hood scratches might argue I should have....lol

Good luck!

krick3tt

Adventurer
I sent an email to bush cables and asked them what gear they had for an LR3 with FR rr and ARB bull bar. Waiting for a response and possible solution to the issue.

GORM

Adventurer
I sent an email to bush cables and asked them what gear they had for an LR3 with FR rr and ARB bull bar. Waiting for a response and possible solution to the issue.

Let us know what you find out, I like the CB brackets idea, considered that too.

Yikes, with the site upgrade, my pic was changed to a Toyota ... can’t have that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior