LR3 factory air tank for aux air.

treckin

Definitely doing this mod, will likely grab the APT air tank cover for it as well!

I only wish that the ARB supported ~200-220 PSI, so that an emergency crossover between the EAS tank and this Aux tank could be added in a pinch. Air dryer would be needed. I understand the ARB does 150 PSI max.

Actually, you could theoretically use the onboard air demand ARB/tank set-up for this if you run the lines past the blockout valves or solenoids in the EAS. Run a t-fitting with a manual air valve into your EAS after the solenoid valve block, pull the fuses on the EAS to disable it and then open the manual valve to allow air to the bags from the auxiliary onboard system. Then use the onboard ARB to pump up the bags, close the manual valve and go.

I have no doubt it may take a tad longer with reduced PSI but even if you have to jack a wheel to assist for weight to fill the bags I believe it’s a viable solution. You’re still going to have the associated faults but I believe the ARB will raise the suspension no problem to get you off the trail. I guess it may not raise leveled but assuming a compressor or some other issue besides a blown bag is your problem, then manual air valves to the bags will work to get you off the trail and home.

You could run t-fittings to each bag line or just one to the valve block area to feed all four bags at once. Personal preference at that point I guess.

Just a theory but something I’ve been thinking about.

trecash6850

Sorry didn't get any specific measurements because I was placing it in the same location as original just a mirror image.
Real nice. Thinking about doing something similar on my D1. Can you provide dimensions of the tank?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

treckin

Actually, you could theoretically use the onboard air demand ARB/tank set-up for this if you run the lines past the blockout valves or solenoids in the EAS. Run a t-fitting with a manual air valve into your EAS after the solenoid valve block, pull the fuses on the EAS to disable it and then open the manual valve to allow air to the bags from the auxiliary onboard system. Then use the onboard ARB to pump up the bags, close the manual valve and go.

I have no doubt it may take a tad longer with reduced PSI but even if you have to jack a wheel to assist for weight to fill the bags I believe it’s a viable solution. You’re still going to have the associated faults but I believe the ARB will raise the suspension no problem to get you off the trail. I guess it may not raise leveled but assuming a compressor or some other issue besides a blown bag is your problem, then manual air valves to the bags will work to get you off the trail and home.

You could run t-fittings to each bag line or just one to the valve block area to feed all four bags at once. Personal preference at that point I guess.

Just a theory but something I’ve been thinking about.

I was also thinking of filling the tank directly and running both pumps simultaneously signaled off the same trigger (have it in the wiring diagrams from Topix, somewhere...). That way the 180-220psi tank pressure will be met sooner, allowing each pump to shut down quicker and remain cooler, hopefully preventing premature failure as well as adding redundancy for air supply.

Maybe I can simply wire up another OEM EAS pump instead?? It already has the air dryer...

True, but maybe too complicated. The duty cycle on the ARB should manage it fine unless you are planning on running it constantly to refill and manage the tank volume/pressure. The occasional use of onboard air I do not believe is going to overwork that compressor.

Good idea though for sure, keep us posted!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz