LR3 Slider options/opinions

TF do not cover the Compressor. TR and PR do.

Remember you will need to remove the slider if you want to service the compressor.

I just installed the proud rhino sliders. As someone else said, you will need to buy different washers. The install was simple. The cutting of the plactic was the hardest part. Having someone help man the jack for lining up the two main frame bolts is helpful. Over all, I am happy with them. The only drawback I see is the reduction of ground clearance. I guess it doesn’t really matter because the sliders will take the impacts of the reduced clearance.

It seems like TR pretty much did the same as the first ones out made by a couple guys using name "Rover Specialties" back in 2007. I have these and they are probably the stoutest/overkill of all of them based on weight and what I've seen from a design style. Mine are actual 99 lbs (each) so the weight is noticeable, which I like in winter on all the snow driving but not the rest of the year. I've considered selling these and making some in aluminum and leaving off the offset tube.

GORM

Adventurer
SAR-JKU ... just got my PR Sliders. Seems a pretty simple install and I see your point on the washers. 2 Questions I have:

1) is the only part THAT IS REMOVED AND NOT SAVED the long rocker panel on each side once removed from the bottom?
2) The piece I must trim are the pieces to the outside of the rocker panels.

Sometimes hard to read instructions and know exactly the parts they’re taking about. Just eyeballing it, the rubber edge of the door sill will but up against the slider. These things seem legit, really heavy.

SAR-JKU ... just got my PR Sliders. Seems a pretty simple install and I see your point on the washers. 2 Questions I have:

1) is the only part THAT IS REMOVED AND NOT SAVED the long rocker panel on each side once removed from the bottom?
2) The piece I must trim are the pieces to the outside of the rocker panels.

Sometimes hard to read instructions and know exactly the parts they’re taking about. Just eyeballing it, the rubber edge of the door sill will but up against the slider. These things seem legit, really heavy.
You'll need to trim the bottom plastic rocker trim. Mine had small plastic extrusion lines on the inside that matched almost perfect for the long straight cut. They're shaped like a T in the pictures. The end cuts are measure twice and cut once affair .

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

GORM answased your questions. There is s line to follow and you can cut angles at the end to match the sliders. I am debating removing the plastic entirely and finding weather stripping and vinyl tape to fill the area. I am not happy with how the plastic mounts after it is trimmed.

On a side note, last weekend on a trail, the slider took a hard hit. I slid off a rock and they did very well. No movement or dints. Just some scratches in the slider paint. I am very happy with the preforms.

GORM

Adventurer
Got mine installed, thanks all on here for your help and advice. I’m going to need to let down and then retighten, I found many of the holes a little rough with some surface rust which made bolts a bit hard to install. Would seem best might be to tighten from inside out. I really noticed that the slider installation stiffened up the frame, I liked that a lot actually. Looking forward to the reduced gas mileage but better protection for the NE rocks.

I’ll likely get a electric car and put on a big bumper sticker that says ... “Don’t worry, my other car is a Land Rover so there is still balance in the world”.

100C4C6C-526F-4D96-A93C-6AFD9B479410.jpeg 0C804B24-EE41-4438-95E3-1E55B14C6383.jpeg

"I’ll likely get a electric car and put on a big bumper sticker that says ... “Don’t worry, my other car is a Land Rover so there is still balance in the world"

So does the fact that I work for Tesla but have an LR3 help keep the balance?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Got mine installed, thanks all on here for your help and advice. I’m going to need to let down and then retighten, I found many of the holes a little rough with some surface rust which made bolts a bit hard to install. Would seem best might be to tighten from inside out. I really noticed that the slider installation stiffened up the frame, I liked that a lot actually. Looking forward to the reduced gas mileage but better protection for the NE rocks.

I’ll likely get a electric car and put on a big bumper sticker that says ... “Don’t worry, my other car is a Land Rover so there is still balance in the world”.

View attachment 449603 View attachment 449605

Sorry about the Hardware gentleman we weren't trying to cheap out on the 11 cents more for washers, one of our guys built a few hardware packs for the sliders we had in stock and used the wrong washers... So we are all set now we pulled out the checkbook for the 11 cents ha.