LR4 18" tire size and i really apologize for starting a new tire thread.

Model94

OK, simple (I hope) question. I decided to get 18" wheels for a 2011 LR4. I want to know the largest size tire that except for adding spacers, will require no modification of trim, lines, etc. etc, won't require a permanent lift, won't require anything. I want to install them and be done with it. Lots of really good information on other threads but I have not seen this question answered.

Thanks.

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
I run 265-65x18 BFG AT Ko2s, stock wheels, on my 2009 LR3. It is drivable if it drops onto the bump stops, barely. If they were any bigger, I think the car would be immobile.

Model94

Excellent i really appreciate that feedback! I was guessing 265 / 65 but it was based on no talent, knowledge or experience. Accidentally got it right.

Excellent i really appreciate that feedback! I was guessing 265 / 65 but it was based on no talent, knowledge or experience. Accidentally got it right.

Don't sell yourself short; you were knowledgable and experienced enough to research and ask those who know by experience what works. Pretty much what 90% of us are here for the same reason and then share it for others.

@Gunnslinger I'm thinking that is going to be my daily driver size as well. Might go complete stock size on those for the 18" wheels but if I go a tad taller, I am going to try and stay near the 255 factory 10" width.

umbertob

Adventurer
Follow up .. will i need spacers for this? Would like to keep as simple as possible. Thanks again

It depends on the rims you pick. Factory 18" rims don't exist for NAS LR4s, as the front brake calipers are too large. You could use factory 18" rims off a LR3 or 1st gen RRS with spacers (2.5", I believe), or aftermarket alloys such as the Compomotive PD1881 without them. The tire size you are considering (265/65R18) will fit regardless, with minimal rubbing only under extreme articulation or steering lock. Also, if you plan on stowing a matching size spare tire under the car (in the factory well), you will need to deflate it quite a bit to be able to winch it up there - which means you will need to carry an air compressor with you at all times in case of a flat.

Dave Legacy

Adventurer
285/65/18 without a full-time lift has suited me well. I’ve had Nitto TGs and currently BFG AT KO2s. 265/65/18 also a fine choice, but when I got my first set of tires that size may not have been available yet - or at least common.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94