Lucinda Build

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
You're spoiled in Cali. By BC standards that one in Florida has little rust.

I didn't really consider how fortunate I am... Until I saw a Ford van from Alberta yesterday. The van had no rockers or bottoms of the doors... I can only imagine what its frame looked like. Makes me feel fortunate.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
I really really like my van, but I honestly don't know if I would do another one. Plus, now that I'm changing jobs, I won't have access to a sweet shop like that to do it in. Now I have another one on the way, a boy! I am kinda thinking I won't have a whole lot of free time.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
20160910_152239_resized.jpg20160910_093423_resized.jpg20160910_145934_resized.jpg

I got free registration to the Wheels and Wings car and airplane show because I work at the airport where it was held. It is always a great event with an airshow and tons of vintage, classics, and super cars. This years marque was the Corvette and every single model was represented. So anyway, I entered the van, and it was by far the opposite of everything there. I still can't believe the response and interest it generated, or that I got best in 4x4 class! Even the guys from Barrett-Jackson where all over it. They wouldn't let put my awning out which I thought was weird.

Lunchbox2

Explorer
View attachment 366235View attachment 366237View attachment 366238

I got free registration to the Wheels and Wings car and airplane show because I work at the airport where it was held. It is always a great event with an airshow and tons of vintage, classics, and super cars. This years marque was the Corvette and every single model was represented. So anyway, I entered the van, and it was by far the opposite of everything there. I still can't believe the response and interest it generated, or that I got best in 4x4 class! Even the guys from Barrett-Jackson where all over it. They wouldn't let put my awning out which I thought was weird.

Congrats on the win! Talking about responses... I've never had a vehicle that has received as much attention as the Lunchbox. Everywhere we go, people stop us to take pics, talk about it, look at it, etc... I used to have a 67 firebird convertible that was pretty nice, and that thing never got looks like this, it's crazy... Driving through campus, all the college kids love it, nothing but thumbs up and fist pumps. To be honest I'm completely surprised by it, I figured there would be a lot more haters....

Lunchbox2

Explorer
I've been remodeling the house trying to get it ready to sell, and it's taken me a little longer than I expected. The upside is it looks great and I'll do pretty well on it, the downside is that everything will be under 10' of snow by the time we move out there....lol

It might be hard to find a piece of property if I can't see it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94