Lucinda Build

g r a n t

Quit my job in post production (video editor) to be a starving artist. I make ******** for money, but my happiness quotient is off the charts. I also see my family much more now.

I just did the same. Scared but optimistic at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Abitibi

Explorer
Hey Chili,

A few years ago ARB changed the length of their awnings, still same width though. My newest ARB opens up almost 2' longer than my old one so you'll want to keep that in mind...

BTW, great rack on your old girl! ;)

Cheers
David

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Jb1rd

Explorer
View attachment 358912View attachment 358913View attachment 358914
I hadn't opened the awning in a while. And I also wanted to see how hard it was to do it by myself, and it wasn't too bad. Easier to take down than put up. I hope my 6'4" tall friend is with me next time I have to open it. It was way easier then. I still feel like it is a pretty nice product. Does anyone know if the ARB room will work on the Smittybilt awnings, I think mine is the same size?
I have the ARB annex room, you are more than welcome to see if it works!!

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
Quit my job in post production (video editor) to be a starving artist. I make ******** for money, but my happiness quotient is off the charts. I also see my family much more now.

I ended up putting my 2 weeks in and am actually quitting my job! Although it is because I ended getting another job. It's going to be weird not doing metal fabrication because I have been doing it for so long. I ended up getting a job doing building and grounds maintenance at the local airport which is operated by the county. So i'll be working for the county, and the big reason for the change. Benefits, benefits, benefits, and I won't be working all of the time like now. Plus we have another one on the way, a boy! So once again, benfits.

teehee

Adventurer
It may be for sale...it's sitting in a lot where they mostly rebuild wrecked late model cars. If there's any interest, I don't mind knocking on their door to find out.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
It may be for sale...it's sitting in a lot where they mostly rebuild wrecked late model cars. If there's any interest, I don't mind knocking on their door to find out.

Thanks! But I have ny hands full with mine. Building another one would be way easier now that I know all of the tricky stuff to adapt everything. I like the shorter wheel base on that one.

nobodyhome

Adventurer
mid 60's vans can still be found here in so cal, there's about 5 right now on Craigslist, and without the rust n rot. Also without the cool patina, but can't win 'em all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier