Lunette Needed

gpwpat

Adventurer
Hello,

my other hobby other than camping gear is restoring WWII jeeps and trailers.

I have come across a rare wwii jeep trailer that was made for repairing airfields in the south pacific. However when it was put into civilian use the military lunette was removed and converted to a regular ball. Since this trailer is so rare 5000 were made and 100 are thought to be left in existance. I am restoring this trailer back.

I am in need of a lunette. either from a M-416 or a M-100. If anybody has one laying around from a lock N roll conversion on your expo trailer and would like to see it put to good use. Please let me know.

below is a picture of the type trailer I am restoring. They were made to load in the cargo bay of a C-47 and towed behind a jeep. combined with a small tractor repairs could be performed on remote airfields that lager trucks did not have access too.

0885645_dumping_op_800x533.jpg

Last edited:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Borderparts in El cajon or La mesa near san diego tends to have a lot of odds and ends for willy's jeeps and accesories(like bantam trailers)

John is the propriator. you could probably google the business.

TacoDell

Adventurer
Yer obviously a G503 patron...

so I'm guessing you don't want to pay reproduction prices.

Or it takes the fun out of it... LoL

gpwpat

Adventurer
I don't trust the strength of the cast repro. especially on a Dump trailer that will haul rock and has zero suspension. all that shock will go into the lunette. a cast lunette made out of steel from who knows where doesn't sould like a good idea. $200 bucks for that seems steep.:sombrero: I would rather use a lunette from a later trailer that was forged and american steel. I would trust it a bit more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior