LX470 winch bumper options that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Woofwagon

Adventurer
What options are there that don't require you signing off your "soul" to purchase? Are there any weld together bumpers for these Land Cruisers out there that are good quality? I'd like to put a winch bumper on eventually after I finish my 72 Chevy project. A rear tire/gas can carrier would be a great addition as well. Let me know your experiences.

Woofwagon

Adventurer
Thanks for the links. The hidden winch mount looks like a good bet. I'd like to use the Badlands winch from Harbor Freight. I had a 12K winch on my Suburban and that winch was a powerhouse.

kraven

Hegelian Scum
The TT winch plate doesn't really look that strong, if you take a look at how it mounts and where.

DCH109

Adventurer
Call him,
The TT winch plate doesn't really look that strong, if you take a look at how it mounts and where.

Call him and ask, I have yet to see Jason at TT make anything that is not overbuilt and well thought out.

kraven

Hegelian Scum
Call him,

Call him and ask, I have yet to see Jason at TT make anything that is not overbuilt and well thought out.
I should do that. I'm not an engineer and don't trust "it looks like..." as much as it sounds like I do above.

richmondbob

Adventurer
Sell your LX470 and buy someone else's built one? ?
In all seriousness I held off buying my 80 until I found one with all the goods (bumper, lift, tires, auxiliary tank, etc).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz