M1101 trailer build UEV 440 kinda

hamthis

Observer
Well here it is:

I had to have surgery on my hand for a torn ligament and was out almost 3 months this summer. Sorry guys I said I was going to post more often. That being said I still would like to have this thing finished road ready by August so I need to get my but in gear.

Good news. I started on the kitchen over the last few weeks it is coming out freaking awesome.

I inherited (from my grandma she is selling her 5th wheel) I can't remember the brand but it’s a fridge or freezer 12 volt and 120 volt my guess 15 years old, everything on it works I checked both voltages. I'm super excited cause it was free and that saves almost $800 from the piggy bank. Once I had the dimensions I was able to start on the kitchen slide out.

So let’s start with the drawer slides:
I wanted something super strong and yet easy to operate. I also wanted about 60" of travel for the kitchen. I decided that buying drawer slides where not going to be exactly what I wanted and might not be strong enough. So I made my own. I work for a garage door company and we take down old motors all the time and the T rails for the motors are super strong and a very consistent width. I used V bearings that I had lying around and built a very simple 4 bearing guide. I have a good friend with a CNC plasma cutter. I took some 5/8” plate steel and cut in all the slots and marked the holes. I then drilled and tapped all the holes and pieces for the bearings. Below is a picture of the rail in the holder. Sorry I didn’t get pictures of that process.

IMG_2297.jpg

hamthis

Observer
This is what the back is looking like as well as the reinforcements for the beds. I also have an area for the spare tire next to the door.

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

hamthis

Observer
Kitchen Rail start up
My first idea was to use only three bearing i then realized i need the forth.
IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

Here is the finished part

IMG_2364.jpg

hamthis

Observer
Kitchen pulled out. It can go out father the picture is with it almost all the way out.

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

Here is the stopper installed on the back side.

IMG_2369.jpg

FMF

Adventurer
That's an awesome simple slide! The thought of using v bearings never crossed my mind before. How tall are the camper side walls that you built?

EdHyslip

Keep up the good work. Looks awesome. Cant wait to see the end product. Can you tell me where found the v groove rollers?
Thank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior