M2 Freightliner Ambulance Conversion Project. 2007 Crew Cab

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Here is another teaser.

7a6f30eccc0a5c60d2a135e9e470a603.jpg

753bcc0ace00c2465d0556829987200c.jpg

Now all I need is for it to stop raining. This is Phoenix I shouldn't have to put up with rain.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Did new foam come with it too, or is that the old stuff? I wonder if they have kits for a Ford F250s?

I agree on the rain. I've seen more here in Florida this past year alone, than I've seen in the last 10 years. :mad:

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
Rain? Pffft... I can't even see the front of our Freightliner under the snow!

I also replaced the foam in our Bostrom driver's seat and it made a huge difference. But, I did have to modify it a bit to fit the seat cover on the base. On ours, the cover had a flap sewn in about midway back on the base, which helped keep the base cover from flopping around and sort of tucked down tight in the middle of the seat bottom. That flap wasn't long enough to work with the new foam, as designed, since there's a rod that slides across the foam (and through the flap segments) to hold it in place. And the new foam was designed slightly different. I ended up using parachute cord to tie it in place.

Good luck with the rain, guys!

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
It came with new foam and the covers. I will take some photos today when I do the change over. Hopefully with it all being new it should fit without paracord.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
The seat refurbishment was one of the easier jobs done on this truck. Since I had a spare Bostrom or 3 sitting in the garage I grabbed one of those (this was the torture seat originally the drivers seat form the 99 FL60 that nearly crippled me on the trip from Miami to Phoenix).

Time from start to finish was about 40 minutes with the bulk of the time being taken up getting the old foam off the seat frame where 18 years of neglect had stuck it. In the end the leftover bits of a whizzy wheel stripped it off fairly well but made a huge mess.

Now for a few pictures. No comments on the crap filled garage.

5909682b74e6c643bc42e699d334d1dc.jpg

91b7daa07fdff9824255780c36d543b2.jpg

Now this shows why I had a sore ********

4290c238d3a98ce365c68736625b6643.jpg

541ce5210a7bc97e3d28164ac741bc9d.jpg

b6f9bebd8e71bcd82cb5279e07d2949e.jpg

79d729a8a336658c17cc1fbfd28c3a76.jpg

551e27adfab00074f289af29010f12f9.jpg

c34eb5b0493cf635c6b0b508eccd28da.jpg

dad44a17032012f6d7241190e59d8b54.jpg

I will test this out first on the missus to see is she is OK with replacing the high $ princess throne with one of these to match things up in the cab. Maybe I can sell her throne off to recoup some of the money. Refurbishing these seats is at least a 2 for the price of 1 deal compared to buying a replacement that does fit as well anyway.

rlrenz

Explorer
You just showed me how I can rebuild my own seats!

I've heard about FRED, but I've never seen one installed. So do they feel as great as they look?

rlrenz

Explorer
No comments on the garage -- every garage I've ever seen need to be bigger, and no matter how big it is when you build it, it's never big enough - especially with our 20,000 Lb toys. Every tool box or cabinet I own is full, and I don't have a square foot of wall that isn't covered by a cabinet, shelf, or tool box -- I had to mount a decimal equivalents chart on the back of the door.

My own garage was huge and empty when I built it - then I moved in. Empty to full at the speed of light!

patoz

Expedition Leader
Hey, Y'all quit your **************', at least you have a garage to work in and fill up! :Mechanic:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
You just showed me how I can rebuild my own seats!

I've heard about FRED, but I've never seen one installed. So do they feel as great as they look?

They feel a lot better than any of the others I have installed (except the princess throne). Good enough that I got the approval to leave that one in the passengers side and sell off the princess throne (anyone need a semi seat with only 2500 miles of ******** time :) ). But the cloth does feel good and I will even spring for a set of arm rests now I know what it is like. At $75 each for the arm rests I didn't buy them straight away in case this one turned out like crap.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Hmmm this is going to be a problem!!

Cylinder cutout 1-28-17.jpg

But also for some reason there is no feedback from the EGR. Think I will attach the EGR problem plus check fuel supplies before I work on the engine power side. On the good side it is running well enough on 5 cylinders to get the camping side sorted and registered in AZ as an RV before playing with engines and running gear.

Last edited:

Coachgeo

Explorer
hopefully only a valve adjustment issue like loosing compression out the exhaust valve due to adjust issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior