Mad New 100 series Cruiser

Madbodhi

Observer
2 months of searching obsessively and a half dozen road trips to Illinois (for some reason most Cruisers and LX470's within 200 miles showed up in the same 10 mile square area of Illinois) and I finally have my 100 series.

f417f027b7ef1fc867d3437e32e.jpg

2004,OME lift already installed, cv axles look new, full dealer service records. Not perfect, so far I've discovered the volume on the radio doesn't work, the disc changer does not work... but the antennae does. The first one of about a dozen that I've looked at that did. I'm sure ill discover more as I drive it. My buddy is jealous as hell because in my driveway are a 99 XJ, an 05 v8 4Runner, 73 Power Wagon, a 78 Crewcab Power Wagon and now this beauty, but then he has a sweet Ural motorcycle. The usual build plans, armor, roof rack ,etc. . Will be breaking it in with a few in state road trips to various waterfalls to shake it out in preparation for a trip this summer. Wife wants to go to tour the Dakotas, I want to go to Canada.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
New shoes, Plastidipped stock rims. Removed and refit the Spydertrax spacers all the way around for my peace of mind.20160718_124359.jpg

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
Bighorn in Badlands eyeing up the Land Cruiser, must have decided it wasn't worth it.
20160723_120222.jpg
Dawn at Sage Creek
20160724_051825.jpg

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
Misc. pics from the trip
20160727_114434.jpg
20160728_104233.jpg
20160728_135429.jpg20160725_135157.jpg
20160727_103305.jpg
Didn't want the kids burning out since we're packing up and moving on daily so we got a cabin for 2 days in the middle of our time. Everyone could shower,wash clothes and relax. Worked out great.
20160727_074654_HDR.jpg

Spent 10 days in S. Dakota. Lots of great memories made. We visited Badlands,Custer,Black Hills,Spearfish Canyon, Mammoth Site,Iron Mountain Rd.,Mt.Rushmore,and Crazy Horse monument.Next trip is 2 weeks of leapfrogging between campsites in Florida this December.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
VERY nervous about putting a huge hole in my beloved Land Cruiser.
20160801_115931.jpg

And done
20160801_172603.jpg

OPOR sliders ordered thru Metaltech, also inbound are Blue Seas 7622 for a dual battery system and parts for extending my diff breathers.

Last edited:

RadarVector

Party on Wayne
I bought the same exact snorkel for my 100 series. Did you eyeball the hole or use the template from the box? I can tell my template is way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madbodhi

Observer
I used the template. There was no cutout for the antennae even though the snorkel itself is clearanced for it. There is a cutout for a sidemarker that must be for 100's in a different market as ive never seen a U.S. Land Cruiser with them but have seen pics of Aussie 100's with them. I just cut a hole for the antennae in the template,lined in up with the top of the fender just where it goes vertical into the engine bay and rear edge of the fender.Taped it down to ensure it wouldn't move and made my marks. I was pretty nervous as well but when I put the snorkel body up to where I had marked for the big hole the indent for the antennae lined up so I knew we were good. The rubber piece that goes between the snorkel body and the airbox took some wrangling but not too tough. There was a lot of flashing in the internal of the rubber coupling piece and dross on the top tube of the main snorkel body where saw cuts were made but abit of scraping with a sharp knife took care of all that. I did paint all the holes made but I still think I'm going to lay a bead of Lexel around the body of the snorkel to keep water,dirt and debris from finding a home between the snorkel and fender and causing problems.

Madbodhi

Observer
20160806_153704.jpg
Steps removed in preparation for sliders. The womenfolk,my daughter in particular, are displeased. Not my fault their short. I saved the step mounting brackets and hope to use them to fabricate a mount for airtanks underneath.

Last edited:

SmoothLC

Explorer
Looks much cleaner without the side steps.

Nice style BTW.

Florida in Dec is much better than July. Ask me how I know.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Congrats on the purchase!

Nice work saving yourself the "remove the running boards" comments :sombrero:!

Madbodhi

Observer
Tires are 275 70 r18. I wanted to go with 295 70 r18 but had heard that it wouldn't fit in the stock spare tire location. No biggie, I'll use these on the Land Cruiser till I get a Slee rear bumper and then get the 295's for the Land Cruiser and put the 275's on the 73 Power Wagon...if I ever get time to finish it

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste