Mad New 100 series Cruiser

Madbodhi

Observer
-5rRMSd5fR9pRulDUM9szkJT2e3hV0nIme35IpvdPnEpX92IB.jpg
Trying out switching from our old Sterilite bins to Ridgid. Not really had any issues with the Sterilites. They've held up well and I like being able to see through it but I wanted something abit more compact that stacked better, was strong enough to sit on, and did not have a removable lid. The Ridgids have metal bail handles on the side that serve to lock 2 or more bins together. They are easily capable of holding my weight so we can use them as chairs and save some room (well,the wife will still want her camp chair but me and the kids are of hardier stock). The non removable lid thing is because we have kids that are 2 steps removed from tornadoes in their ability to destroy and scatter stuff everywhere. We've lost lids on the Sterilites to this dark gift.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
919cgtNlXGtHSEtGqZylD9zYn7G2WrhpcwCAL8QuVuYpX92IB.jpg
Just returned from a week in the U.P..
Looking things over
G48YOAwf1gAIu1dmtj5I7hsdtbOOescJafeHnSC2TBApX92IB.jpg
Sending out the scouts to check depth.
B7UaNRq8mvmyk6k_Ldpwztkhjw9OdYpLkOZ9isJSb7cpX92IB.jpg
Big proponent of child labor.
Eub1jo7LDih_v6vHEoqf3gykKThSf7M8Azjss__9ZU8pX92IB.jpg
We camped from the tip of the Keweenaw Penninsula to as far east as Whitefish Point.Had hoped to make it to Drummond but did not.
pysnGdLyl5lfXAuhMpTQ3_Dc3UgNgLPpqxzr5kzoSYEpX92IB.jpg
p7sUb3xSHWCd1KGAHf8OgCjhGeMGJOwFDHs4lSVgkAopX92IB.jpg

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
gL7MN038S7zK4TUIqfHFGuIjm8wC9ZTSFDH-dtweAugpX92IB.jpg
Factory skidplate was claimed as tribute by the forest.
Lots of great trails and interesting things to see.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
Started on afew mods before the U.P. trip that I'll finish up now that I'm back.
Inside lid of the Ridgid containers have a lot of wasted space
ue0c2fHfwq6QJrutCuEUMJ3r2Ebbs45lVGy9QNYq0J4pX92IB.jpg
Used a soldering Iron to melt holes
vBT8aGfiKz4kg0QqLolmUZSgIMtaYnavX50C3NnpjYEpX92IB.jpg
And orange shockcord to match the orange trim of the boxes. Pic is of lid half done.
KI5bPeKHG09WjQTWkx4zzM5YCHMAgHAXmZMOtGfA9oMpX92IB.jpg
I do think that with the rest of the boxes I will do the cubbies in the corners differently by running the cord diagonally from inside corner to inside corner to avoid going through to the outside of the lid.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
Managed to tie my Hella 4000's to switch on with my high beams by tapping into the Daytime Running Light relay.
PJj_HsnE1IcxcaqgNJ8rfmnd0LjaND6uORk9BsWaMxEpX92IB.jpg

Making up a wiring harness for the overhead switch panel
shbs4cyayGv40QxGJ4jzZugxvYM4AcQuabvNGCd-nTcpX92IB.jpg

Madbodhi

Observer
This came in just before we left for the U.P.. The main components of my onboard Hot water shower.
vAF-xLLaxV0wlb365JUBEqrmgZgZ3kwpvhRs0-QzLBgpX92IB.jpg

Space is tight underhood with dual batteries, onboard air,etc. So, I'll be tapping into the lines for the rear auxiliary heater located underneath on the driver side.
gTdEgzincH9oYcciavj7x-8TjvxEYHeVuJCWJzUaYX4pX92IB.jpg

This may be pushed back alittle since I'll be replacing my destroyed skidplate with some from Slee and want to make sure of location and clearances with the new belly armor.

JKU87

Adventurer
Great! Enjoying this so far and looking forward to more updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdeleon

Observer
View attachment 411831
Just returned from a week in the U.P..
View attachment 411832
Looking things over
View attachment 411833
Sending out the scouts to check depth.
View attachment 411834
Big proponent of child labor.
View attachment 411835
We camped from the tip of the Keweenaw Penninsula to as far east as Whitefish Point.Had hoped to make it to Drummond but did not.

Great. I did UP this july too but not Keweenaw (planned for next trip). Skipped Drummond Island too.

Where is that water crossing? Do you have a gps loc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Madbodhi

Observer
That water crossing is the road to the old cemetery for the Central Mine ghost town. There's a beaver dam just to the downstream side of the road that according to locals the county keeps tearing down snd the beavers keep building up. Same story on the road to High Rock Bay but its on the upstream side so not as much an issue. I dont have coordinates as I failed to enable tracks on my nav tablet 😒.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
My in-laws have a place in the U.P., can't wait to explore it. Looks like a great time!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Madbodhi

Observer
Just a quick update on new gear I'll be trying out.
Magma nesting cookware.
magma.jpg

magma2.jpg
In its new home
magma3.jpg
Seriously heavy duty, can't wait to put these to the test.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
After many many years of loyal service in several countries and through many adventures I've decided the time has come to retire my beloved Straight Handle Busse Battle Mistress. It cost a pretty penny when I bought it new but its become quite collectible and ive been offered over twice what I paid for it even in its well used condition. Not really concerned with collectability but I've grown pretty attached to it and would hate to lose it. I have other Busse knives and customs from various makers but I wanted an easily replaceable stout chopper. Enter the Condor Pack Golok. In the process of cleaning it up abit and getting the edge up to my standards. We shall see how it holds up.
BidieyjHx86A3lqTNB4gcjhghUFfWoOTJ5UA4frm80ApX92IB.jpg

4Egc1buTe4zQ_d9JSBwDlS8oQGYfTj7QGmCAPFGvzvApX92IB.jpg

Madbodhi

Observer
Getting some rubbing at full lock
YlkYanalKCVXvsNntuebKprxWkSdh9e6SD4x9SMNVKspX92IB.jpg
You can clearly see where its rubbing
rubbing.jpg
Heat gun,leather gloves,and a small metal plate to form the plastic over and this is the final product.
rubbing after.jpg

Madbodhi

Observer
Started installing the overhead switch console.

overhead.jpg

overhead3.jpg
Overhead console back home finally

overhead2.jpg
Had to get a little creative to drill the hole in the firewall without having to remove the auxiliary power platform
overhead5.jpg
Hole drilled, boot installed.Ive run the wires to the engine bay.

overhead4.jpg

Hopefully I get time to do the final connections in the next few days.

Madbodhi

Observer
A little more electrical work.
Added an MK3 alternator voltage booster from HKB Electronics out of Australia. Should help keep the Northstar Group 31 topped up.
Made up a harness and installed the remote switch for my Blue Sea 7622
dash.jpg

Since I'm doing wiring I figured Id put in the Locker switch right away in preparation for front and rear Harrop E-lockers.
dash2.jpg

End result
dash3.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste