Material for bucket toilet & disposal

TwinStick

Explorer
We use a Thetford cassette toilet. Works great. No issues, empty before we leave Campgrounds or flush down toilet at gas station. No stink. I disinfect it with bleach. I use the orange additive to a clean tank.

Only issue I ran into was at the Hoover Dam. The guys with the machine guns ( homeland security & border patrol agents) ordered me to remove the porta-potty so they could see it. It was in a contractor garbage bag, zip tied shut & ratchet strapped to the roof rack. I refused. I told them that there was no way I was gonna do that & possibly get arrested for spilling or splashing body fluids on an officer. It was a stand off. I told them to go ahead and search it but I'm not touching it. I asked them to get their Supervisor. He said he was a Supervisor. I said then make a decision. I never thought our porta-potty would be a matter of national security.

I am a retired LEO and I just didn't see the problem. You want to search it, go ahead. Nothing in the law says I have to assist in searching my own vehicle. So they held us for 35 minutes in the blazing hot 100°F heat, then told us to go.

ripperj

Explorer
Somewhere recently I read that bleach and other harsh cleaners will damage the seals in a Thetford cassette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Only issue I ran into was at the Hoover Dam. The guys with the machine guns ( homeland security & border patrol agents) ordered me to remove the porta-potty so they could see it. It was in a contractor garbage bag, zip tied shut & ratchet strapped to the roof rack. I refused. I told them that there was no way I was gonna do that & possibly get arrested for spilling or splashing body fluids on an officer. It was a stand off. I told them to go ahead and search it but I'm not touching it. I asked them to get their Supervisor. He said he was a Supervisor. I said then make a decision. I never thought our porta-potty would be a matter of national security.

I bet that was a Stinky Situation!

SBSYNCRO

I am a retired LEO and I just didn't see the problem. You want to search it, go ahead. Nothing in the law says I have to assist in searching my own vehicle. So they held us for 35 minutes in the blazing hot 100°F heat, then told us to go.

I wish more people could think this way. I’m a very pro-law enforcement person (lots of family members current or former LEOs) but I’m shocked at how frequently I hear about (and have personally experienced) rangers, border patrol, regular patrol officers, etc. that do not understand the laws (or the constitution) and tend to default to “you have to do what I say just because I say it”. It’s one of the reasons I carry printouts of firearm laws in campgrounds, parks, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior