Max Couplers are back in stock!

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
We now have Max Couplers back in stock. Call the shop at 928-227-0545 or drop a line to info@adventuretrailers.com to place your order.

The manufacturer fixed the retaining roll pin issue by welding them in place.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Mario, It appears you are no longer selling the lock and roll. Have you found the max coupler to be longer lasting. I have a new updated lock and roll and still get some noise from it. Have not seen any bending yet, and have put it through the paces so to speak.

I am thinking about ordering the new Max coupler, to see if I can notice any difference. Your input would be appreciated.

elcoyote

No noise or excessive looseness at all in the Max Coupler in our experience.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
I have the new "Max Coupler" on my trailer. I have been pulling it around last couple of days and it is amazing how there is no play what so ever.

Very happy so far.
Jeff

STREGA

Explorer
I have used both and the Max is quiet compared to the LnR, I found that hooking up the LnR was a little easier to do though.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
did they figure out why the roll pin was being pushed out in the first place? I know someone who welded a little washer over the pin and the pin still started pushing the washer up. That seems to be a lot of force on that roll pin..... just curious

gabepari

Explorer
I'm waiting for my shipment of couplers to come in... I will report back when I see what the "fix" looks like... I will reserve judgement until I actually have one in hand :)

Gabe

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I honestly have never seen one up close and personal. I use my trailer in some very severe angles, and it weighs quite a bit more than the box trailers, will the Max Couple give me the same amount of travel, IE compression trailer compressing towards the rear spare, having two together has not a been a problem with the L&R.

STREGA

Explorer
I honestly have never seen one up close and personal. I use my trailer in some very severe angles, and it weighs quite a bit more than the box trailers, will the Max Couple give me the same amount of travel, IE compression trailer compressing towards the rear spare, having two together has not a been a problem with the L&R.

Bob, I don't think you will have any problems using the Max Coupler, I would order one and try it out (take the LnR with you also just in case). The biggest thing that I have found so far is that it takes a little more fidgeting with it to hook up, maybe just haven't used it enough yet. Doug

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Fix it kit.

Funny you should ask. I just received the fix it kit from Kilby.
Includes brass drive pin and a locking screw.
My roll pin is jus barely sticking out, I have no play between the two large blocks.
But I only have about 30 miles or so and none off road.

Jeff

/dev/m416

/dev/yj tow vehicle
Does anybody know the maximum breakover angle between tow vehicle and trailer using the max-coupler? Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, just trying to post in the most recent somewhat seemingly relevant thread!

elcoyote

Does anybody know the maximum breakover angle between tow vehicle and trailer using the max-coupler? Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, just trying to post in the most recent somewhat seemingly relevant thread!

The MaxCoupler has unrestricted movement in a 180 degree vertical axis. The break over angle will be dependent upon the ground clearance of your vehicle and trailer, the distance between your vehicle tire contact to the ground to the pivot point on your coupler, the distance from the coupler to the contact point on the ground of the trailer tire., and finally the height of the coupler from the ground.

/dev/m416

/dev/yj tow vehicle
The MaxCoupler has unrestricted movement in a 180 degree vertical axis.

Watching the articulation video, it would appear that the portion of the horizontal shaft (connection to trailer) will come in contact with the pivoting bracket (bolted to the hitch) at something roughly 45* or so. In the video, it nearly hits at the :26 mark. As an avid off-roader and rock crawler since I was a teen (nearly 40 years now), I understand the factors affecting break over angles. My question is to what extent the coupler will restrict me.
Now, 45* is pretty extreme already, so please don't take this as a criticism, I'm just trying to make sure I know what the limit is, in fact, rather than me trying to estimate it from a vid.

gabepari

Explorer
Looks like the contact point from the horizon is almost exactly 45 degrees... While it does offer more than 180 degrees of unrestricted movement from the contact point, the trailer would be in your back seat before you could use it all :)

max_small.jpg

/dev/m416

/dev/yj tow vehicle
Looks like the contact point from the horizon is almost exactly 45 degrees... While it does offer more than 180 degrees of unrestricted movement from the contact point, the trailer would be in your back seat before you could use it all :)

Yes, either that or upside down! Thanks for the measurement!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior