MAXTRAX and the FG mitsi

blackduck

Explorer
With the festive season upon us santa assures me Ive been good and is pestering me as to what he should slide down the old chimney

Just wondering if anyone has used maxtrax in anger on somthing that weighs more than 2.5 tonne
By the look of the glossie advertising they appear to be the goods
but Im not sure how they would go with near on 5 tonne passing over them
would they remain maxtrax or end up "maxbananas" or even worse "maxelbows"

interested to hear any reports

merry whatsis

HO HO HO:)

Bushy62

Maxtrax

I have a Dual Cab FG84 and it spends a lot of time on the beach. I have 4 maxtrax that have been used a number of times now and they are still like brand new. The best investment you can make for the money if you are spending time in the sand. Haven't had to use them in the mud yet, do yourself a favour and tie a piece of bright cord on them because you can spend a lot of time looking for them once you have driven over them!!!!

Amesz00

Adventurer
ive used them with my truck once or twice in the mud. seem to hold up fine. i also carry 2 steel 'bogtracks' that come from some military place, we cut them down (they come about 2" wide x 6" long) to a size a little more useable. they are heavy though..

gait

Explorer
I used them once to help a bogged ovlerloaded Mongolian 6 tonne truck up the 1m soft mud bank of a river exit. I pulled he drove. Easy to get under wheels and line up. Good traction. They are still flat. What more can I say - they did the job.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi Stu,

They are fine. I've seen 7 ton on them before ..... no problem. Brad that invented them told me he only ever thought they'd see Landcruiser size vehicles at the most and was amazed when guys started running full size trucks on them....... like 13 tons and over. Here's close to 6 ton driving out below.

ONE!!!
6518676981_695c9c6e0e_z.jpg
TWO!!!
6518685013_f784d27d44_z.jpg
FREE!!!
6518692583_4ea96383e6_z.jpg

One guy I know clips rope tails to them (with a carabiner I think) and that makes them so much easier to find in mud.....that's why Brad made them bright orange in the beginning although you can buy other colours now like black, camo, kahki, etc

Definitely should be part of every recovery kit. Buy 4 of them. We have a really tough new motorhome model coming out in a couple of months and it will even have a dedicated Maxtrax locker on the side.Will take a stack of 4. We thought that it was almost a given that you would carry them especially around here.

Last edited:

blackduck

Explorer
good in sand
good in mud
good for 5 tonne
or 7T (if the wife's driving)

thanx guys Im sold
santa make it happen!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members