MB 917a manual

Ewt01

Hi. I’m new to the site, great site and loads of info which is brilliant but I’m trying to source a manual for a 1995 917a. Any ideas ? I’ve experience of MB 313 4wd, we use one for work and owned and maintained landys for the last 30 years but the 917 is a whole new world. I’m swapping over our existing body from an old ford cargo which we took through Spain and around Morocco. Planning on going further this time. Based in Wales, uk. Cheers

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
I have the owner's manual and a few lube charts that came with my 1990 917. All in German. Could scan selected pages, if that would help.

Think you would be better off contacting MB UK. They probably have a source for manuals in English. (Good luck with Welsh!) ;)

Ewt01

Diolch yn fawr, thankyou. I will go down that route but if I have no luck I will come back to you for the copies. I noticed that a few people have bought vehicles from Merthyr auctions near me. If they ever need help with storage or anything else, let me know. many thanks again.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Operator or Workshop Manual?
I found my 1017A operators manual in English on the UK eBay, so keep an eye out there. They come up every so often.
The workshop, you can buy the Mercedes EIC and EPC digitally again via eBay. Huge files, 75GB as it will cover every Mercedes made. My '79 1017A is included, so I would guess a newer 917 would be there also.

Ewt01

Operator or Workshop Manual?
I found my 1017A operators manual in English on the UK eBay, so keep an eye out there. They come up every so often.
The workshop, you can buy the Mercedes EIC and EPC digitally again via eBay. Huge files, 75GB as it will cover every Mercedes made. My '79 1017A is included, so I would guess a newer 917 would be there also.
That's great, yes I was after both. I will check out ebay. I approached MB uk but no luck as of yet. Thankyou.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Bill Caid has scans of paper manuals for the 1017A on his website. These are probably pretty dated for your newer truck, but they will give you a place to start.
http://www.billcaid.com/TruckDocs/1017ADocumentation.htm
These are in English, so that is a big help. A tip on the EIC and EPC is you have to add in WDD to the front of your truck's serial number for the program to recognize it.

Ewt01

Bill Caid has scans of paper manuals for the 1017A on his website. These are probably pretty dated for your newer truck, but they will give you a place to start.
http://www.billcaid.com/TruckDocs/1017ADocumentation.htm
These are in English, so that is a big help. A tip on the EIC and EPC is you have to add in WDD to the front of your truck's serial number for the program to recognize it.
That’s really helpful. Appreciate it. It’s a good set of documents. Thanks

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Hey Mark, I am also interested in getting something like this. Although I would prefer paper I can live with a digital version. I just checked Ebay and I see workshop manuals in DVD (do not say EIC though) format that claim to handle all models, but the listed models seem to be cars. Would you know if these manuals cover the trucks? Our truck is scheduled to ship out of Germany on the 8th, looking forward to seeing it in person.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Hey Mark, I am also interested in getting something like this. Although I would prefer paper I can live with a digital version. I just checked Ebay and I see workshop manuals in DVD (do not say EIC though) format that claim to handle all models, but the listed models seem to be cars. Would you know if these manuals cover the trucks? Our truck is scheduled to ship out of Germany on the 8th, looking forward to seeing it in person.
The EIC / EPC I bought was just the 'generic' Mercedes one. But it does cover my truck, 1979 1017A, all the way to my 2017 CLS. Hard manuals are certainly much easier to work with, but obtaining them is next to impossible. Bill spent years hunting down the English manuals he scanned.
You can buy on CD, or as a downloadable file (the way I bought mine). The seller I got mine from (inklusiv - US eBay, but based in Luxembourg) had them to me in minutes. They are huge when unzipped, 75GB. I don't think they list the trucks in the auctions as probably less than 1% of the buyers are looking for those. I did message the seller if they were included and he replied 'Yes', which was true in my case. BTW- <$15!
If you want, you can email your VIN to me and I will plug it in to see if it works.

Ewt01

Hi Mog, Bills docs are brilliant and his website is a goldmine of information even though I don’t have a mog. Do you mind if I send you my vin aswell to see if it’s covered. I wasn’t sure either if my 917 would be covered when I looked on eBay. Cheers

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Hi Mog, Bills docs are brilliant and his website is a goldmine of information even though I don’t have a mog. Do you mind if I send you my vin aswell to see if it’s covered. I wasn’t sure either if my 917 would be covered when I looked on eBay. Cheers
Sure, I'll check it. Just PM via the Expo Portal

philcia

The EIC / EPC I bought was just the 'generic' Mercedes one. But it does cover my truck, 1979 1017A, all the way to my 2017 CLS. Hard manuals are certainly much easier to work with, but obtaining them is next to impossible. Bill spent years hunting down the English manuals he scanned.
You can buy on CD, or as a downloadable file (the way I bought mine). The seller I got mine from (inklusiv - US eBay, but based in Luxembourg) had them to me in minutes. They are huge when unzipped, 75GB. I don't think they list the trucks in the auctions as probably less than 1% of the buyers are looking for those. I did message the seller if they were included and he replied 'Yes', which was true in my case. BTW- <$15!
If you want, you can email your VIN to me and I will plug it in to see if it works.

Hi Mog, I know this post is a few years old but I am also looking for manuals for my recently purchased 917AF. Would you mind if I pm you also?

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Hi Mog, I know this post is a few years old but I am also looking for manuals for my recently purchased 917AF. Would you mind if I pm you also?
Take a look on eBay for Mercedes EPC/WIS (electronic parts catalog/workshop manual). Look for a digital download. It will run in a VMWare virtual machine, so a bit goofy but that is how Mercedes does it.

Geo.Lander

Take a look on eBay for Mercedes EPC/WIS (electronic parts catalog/workshop manual). Look for a digital download. It will run in a VMWare virtual machine, so a bit goofy but that is how Mercedes does it.

We should look into porting these manuals, what boots inside the VM Jon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94