mcm4090 Frontier build

mcm4090

Explorer
3" Three leaf AAL's pack

After the body lift was installed the flat rear leafs pack and longer shackle were very noticable as you can see if in the pic. below.

VAMike2.jpg

I install the mini leaf pack form Automotive Customizers. A multi leaf pack are thinner leaf compared to the single AAL give you more flex and a better ride.
5f788e5c5d86e5c0c8a397c18cfd81ef.jpg

With the removel of the load leaf and longer rear shocks, articulation in the rear was improved.

Pictures from URE, North Carolina
mike.jpg

P9294159.jpg

Last edited:

mcm4090

Explorer
Steel rims

After a fellow Frontier owner rolled his truck, I bought the rims and wheel adapter from him. The rims are Cager soft 8 16x8. With the size of the front calipers and the offset of the rims, wheel adapter are needed. The adapter are 1.5" thick.

GWNF2008182.jpg

GWNF2008070.jpg

The truck does feel heavier do to the weight and off set of the rims. I might switch to a 1.0" adapter to bring the wheel in more.

100_3120.jpg

mcm4090

Explorer
CoastalDefender said:
You're a woman?
No. That is my wife :cool: . she loves to drive on the trails but we don't take her Frontier out on them so I let her drive mine.:smilies27

And are you still in ownership of the stock rims? I'm looking for a set from someone willing to mail them. (Not this second, but sooner rather than later).
I hope to get some M/t tires for the trails and then run the A/T on the stock rims for the street.

mcm4090

Explorer
M205 Front diffetential installed

Many components from the Titan can be installed in the Frontier with little or no modification. One of these components that can be install with no modification is the front differential. The U.S. Frontier comes with M180 diff. The size designation is in name (180.mm). The Titan M205 (205.mm) front differential came out of a Titan 4x4 automatic with the big tow option. This Titan has the same gear ratio as my crew cab Frontier with an automatic, 3.36 gears.

Here are a few pic's of the size difference.

Titandiff006.jpg

Titandiff007.jpg

with axles from V8 Pathfinder witch also has the M205 diff, I am able to keep the same track width.
Here is a picture of the size difference of the axles.

Titandiff004.jpg

djkest

That's pretty cool, beefing up the front end. How much would you say that mod would set back the average individual? I'm thinking something like $1,000, maybe more? I mean, lots of labor, lots of parts, right?

Also, how big of a tire do you think you can fit under the bed? I'd like to keep all my bed space, if I can.

Last edited:

mcm4090

Explorer
djkest said:
That's pretty cool, beefing up the front end. How much would you say that mod would set back the average individual? I'm thinking something like $1,000, maybe more? I mean, lots of labor, lots of parts, right?
You can find the M205 diff used for around $500. Right now you can't find used Pathfinder v8 half shafts so you will have to get them from the dealer.

Also, how big of a tire do you think you can fit under the bed? I'd like to keep all my bed space, if I can
33's. Anything bigger will hit the tail pipe.

mcm4090

Explorer
Storage

I have a few different uses for my truck (commuting, camping, wheeling, kids transport, home improvements, bikes, etc..) so I don't keep a lot of equipment inside the cab or bed but I will share were I keep 100% of the times.

I find the storage bins under the rear seats to be really useful. Under the right rear seat in the storage bin I keep a Rear Ratchet socket set, 2 ponchos and 1 tow strap.Under the left rear seat the first aid kit, a makitia 3/8 impact gun and flash light.
tools004.jpg

Behind the rear passenger seat I keep a portable air compressor, cable puller (come-long), and a compact battery booter pack.

tools006.jpg

In the passenger rear door I keep a fire extinguisher

tools003.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles