Meet the new boss.... same as the old boss

CORunner

....I didn't plan on buying another Land Cruiser...... How many on this forum have said that before!

I bought a white 2001 100 series about 3 years ago with plans to build it up to wheel around in Colorado. Progress was slow because I was pretty happy with the stock form. Only put on a Front Runner roof rack, Foxwing awning, and upgraded the tires to 285/75/16 Duratracs. Those upgrades were enough make camping and getting into the mountains easy.

I have a bad habit of checking Craigslist most days. Came across a local guy in Denver selling his 2001 100 Series last week. Cruiser was fully built, 2.5" OME heavy lift (with control arms and diff drop), Slee front bumper, Slee dual swing out rear, custom built rear drawers with fridge slide and fridge power, dual batteries, fully upgraded stereo, wired for CB, Gamiviti roof rack, and an ARB awning. The price was good, so bought it off him that night.

Ended up swapping out the Front Runner/Fox Wing combo on mine with the Gamivit/ARB combo on the new one and also swapped out the tires. My Duratracs were pretty much new.

Sold the old Cruiser last night.

It is awesome to get a fully built cruiser for a good price, but I am kinda sad that I won't get to build something up.

So meet my new 2001 white 100 series to replace my 2001 white 100 series! :sombrero:

IMG_4487.jpg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Nice deal! Any substantial difference in mileage on them? My '99 with 2.5" OME is just awesome. It's all the suspension you'll ever need for 90% of North America.

MNCarl

The Moose
Good deal you most likely saved a bunch of money.
Too funny , I had the same thing happen with a 2012 Nissan Frontier.
I had a Stock 2012 Nissan Frontier SL I was going to build , I then found a almost fully built out (bumpers , sliders , skids ect..) 2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X at a local dealership.
So I traded in a 2012 Nissan Frontier for a 2012 Nissan frontier...the dealership sales guys where not sure what to make of it.. LOL

CORunner

Pretty similar mileage too. Old one was at 208K, new one is at 175K.

Funny, my insurance was all confused when I called to insure the new one while I still had the old one. They didn't understand why someone would buy two of the same 16 year old SUV....... though they were more than happy to take my money. HA

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Pretty similar mileage too. Old one was at 208K, new one is at 175K.

Funny, my insurance was all confused when I called to insure the new one while I still had the old one. They didn't understand why someone would buy two of the same 16 year old SUV....... though they were more than happy to take my money. HA

33,000 miles is a fair bit for a normal car, but a pittance to a LC. Still nice to go lower.

It's cool to see your pic too, as I'm now "blind" to my lift in the 100, and seeing the stocker next to the OME equipped version really shows the difference.

CORunner

I saw that one for sale on CL here in Denver. It was a good looking cruiser, great score!

Yep, it is probably the same one. I saw it and jumped on it. By the time I had called, three others were scheduled to look at it. I told the guy, if you can meet me in a hour at my bank and it drives well... I'll buy it on the spot.

BTW, nice write up on your 100. Great information! Do any of the Denver cruiser folks get together to wrench on their cruisers? I'd like to get up to speed on some of the more involved maintenance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles