Meet the Trot'n Turtle - Unimog U1300L Build

What paint color have you used?

Is it a RAL color?
This might help. Below highlighted in blue. Just one of my favorite builds for many reasons.

Paint! Time to make the Red and Green disappear :)

Finished sanding and painting the bed pieces. Here the remaining pieces are waiting for paint.

I found a body shop that could get the truck in right away so we rolled to the shop with the bed in tow. Luckily didn't get stopped on the way to the shop since the MOG had no bumpers, lights, fenders, blinkers etc :)

At the shop. Glass removed and the doors fully disassembled.

Starting to sand/prep the cab for paint. Pretty much an empty shell at this point.

Skim coats over my welded repairs on the antenna mount holes.

First glimpse of color! I went with Toyota Quicksand for the color, it's a desert tan color with a hint of sage green. Here the bottom of the hood is fresh out of paint.

Inside of the doors are painted....prepping the outside.

Parts in the booth! Top side of the doors and hood painted.

Truck painted and clear coat being applied.

And out of the booth! I'm really liking this color, sooooo much better than the fire red :) Should look great with all the satin black bits bolted back on. Glass is going back in at this stage.

Direct sunlight the color looks a little lighter...lovin it!

Now on with assembly! More pics of that process on the way....

Hodakaguy

Haven't been posting a lot this summer but I've been driving the Mog quite a bit, such a blast! This morning my father, son and I took the mog out in the hills to roam around a bit. My buddy Mike followed us in his 4x4 converted ford van. While up in the hills the 4x4 portion of Mikes van decided to give out leaving him stuck at the base of a rocky climb, the winch on the Mog made quick work of retrieving the Van :)

My father and the Mog

Any truck by itself

Giving the ford a little help :)

Hodakaguy

Went out and roamed the hills with the Mog today....Fun stuff!

Up above Benton City WA.

Playing with the Drone a bit :)

Checking out the old Pioneer Cemetery

Hodakaguy

patoz

Expedition Leader
It's always nice to cruise off-road, especially when you don't have to wash your vehicle afterwards!

That drone really get up there, doesn't it? What's it max ceiling? Also, what brand is it and what camera are you using on it? The pictures are always so crisp and clear.

The squirrel in me is strong......Just listed my MOG up for sale...
Shoot the squirrel.... Keep the Mog. If you want to keep the Mog Utilitarian and not with a camper on back...... build you a camper on Mog wheels and tow it where ever you want. Or make it a slide in camper like an Alaskan that you can lift the top.

It's always nice to cruise off-road, especially when you don't have to wash your vehicle afterwards!

That drone really get up there, doesn't it? What's it max ceiling? Also, what brand is it and what camera are you using on it? The pictures are always so crisp and clear.

The drone is a Phantom 4 Pro, it's capable of heights and distance (Miles) well in excess of what is allowed. My still camera is an Olympus EM1, the above shots (non drone ones) were taken with a Oly 75mm F1.8 lens....that lens is magic!

Hodakaguy

Id say he has another build planned...

I've read the build threads of the builds he has finished and once he has perfected them he builds another...

looking forwards to the next awesome build:)

Yep...what he said :bike_rider: I enjoy builds and switching gears often.

Hodakguy