Men's underwear

WAND3R3R

Adventurer
Looking for advice on good underwear for hiking, not looking to spend $30.00 a pair... not into cotton?

rambrush

Adventurer
Well I prefer or used to the MTR series from REI but the quality has gone downhill, You definitely don't want cotton unless you carry a whole bunch of corn starch along with you.
I have started looking elsewhere and liking the feel of the Patagonia mesh and they both dry quickly and don't have any odor problems to date.

Scott Brady

Founder
I know they are expensive, but the ExOfficio and Patagonia stuff is really, really good. You can take only 2-3 pair on a RTW and they would still be worth wearing/keeping at the end of it.

Maybe wait for a sale?

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
I got some microfiber boxer briefs, made by jockey, at wal-mart. They were having a special, 2 pair for $7. Good comfort, wicking material, seem OK for the price. I also have some under armors that frankly are too slick - my pants fall down :Wow1:

C Red

Adventurer
ExOfficio or try Tommy John second skin, their undershirts are amazing!

Ok amazing might be a little overstatement on my part, after all they are just underwear...

Last edited:

4x4mike

Adventurer
Come on, you're hiking and camping. Go au natural and be one with nature.

I assume you're looking for briefs and less of something like long underwear? Have you tried under armour?

lamontagne

Adventurer
Again for the exoficio I use the boxer briefs. I find the sizing is very generous though, wear a size smaller than usual.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
exofficio unders are great. I have got seveal pairs. They hold up really well after serveral washing. They do not get those fur balls like several of the other.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I asked Scott this same question about a year ago. Best advice I've ever received. The ExOfficio underwear is nearly magical. Super easy to clean, very quick drying. I can sit on a leather seat for 12 hours in the Mojave desert and I never get sweaty or dank, never get ichy, and they are seemingly incapable of absorbing any odor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior