Mercedes overland vehicle with dome over cab spotted at Ubique Lake in New Mexico

jeffyg

My son and I spent a few days in Carson National Forest in New Mexico camping way up on the logging roads then headed south toward home and spent the night at Abiquiu Lake/Reservoir one night.
On our way out the next morning we spotted this beast of an overlander in a camp spot. I've been unable to figure out what it is exactly. That dome over the cab... cool!

Anyone recognize this thing? I'd sure like to know more about it. I aspire to travel that way some day.

20160829_064733.jpg

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Wow. I know that truck! I met the owners in Dakar Senegal back in 1996... Pretty impressive to see that the truck still on the road.

Poohbah

I have chatted with this true world overlanding gentleman who settled in Santa Fe, built some very nice houses here and raised a family. I'm happy to see he fires it up and continues to roam around. My guess is that it could go just about anywhere he decides to go.

jeffyg

I kind of figured that vehicle had been a few places. Cool that you guys recognize it. If I could have stayed I'd have had to meet the owner but it was way too early to knock on his door. Maybe next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles