Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 CrewCab Expedition Build in Canada

java

Expedition Leader
It's amazing what proper ventilation does! If I run the roof fan vs not I can tell a huge difference.

Great to see the truck out in the snow

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Arjan

Fossil Overlander
Very, very nice !
I'm saving for an Iveco 4x4 here in France to build a pod on...
Getting a bit tired camping in the back of the 110...

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Slowly getting ready to hit the road for Expo West. This year we are going as a family! Can't wait to show my little boy the world. He loves camping and being around the truck so I think it will be fun.
Finally found a new rim for our spare tire. Upgraded to a foot water pump in our kitchen. Hooked up a house battery charging system through the alternator. Next, going to install super lightweight composite panel side skirts that will fold up to be used as tables/work platforms.

Attachments

• Sprinter01.jpg
    Sprinter01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • Sprinter02.jpg
    Sprinter02.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64

Sitec

Adventurer
Very, very nice !
I'm saving for an Iveco 4x4 here in France to build a pod on...
Getting a bit tired camping in the back of the 110...

Hi fella. If you are looking at the newer Daily, this is worth a read....

Victorian

Getting ready to hit the road with the family for 6-8 weeks. Replaced the "storage bin system" with dove tailed drawers, painted the well aged front bumper, installed a side skirt (Foam core panel), Moved the grey water tank from inside to below the truck. Also installed the first of our new composite storage hatches before we go into full scale production later this summer. Will test it for water and dust proofness during the trip. It's thermal transfer free, 1.5" insulated and super lightweight.

Attachments

• IMG-2706.JPG
    IMG-2706.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG-2745.JPG
    IMG-2745.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
  • thumbnail_IMG-2748.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG-2748.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-2771.JPG
    IMG-2771.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG-2780.JPG
    IMG-2780.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 73

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Hey Andreas, I am curious about the composite cargo doors. How are they finished inside? What about struts? Do they match in color with your panels? Any idea as to pricing? What are the latches made of? How many sizes will you offer?

Victorian

Hey Andreas, I am curious about the composite cargo doors. How are they finished inside? What about struts? Do they match in color with your panels? Any idea as to pricing? What are the latches made of? How many sizes will you offer?
The inside is the same as outside. Overall a colour matched gel coat finish. Stainless hardware throughout. We planed to use struts but it turns out that the flap is too light for them. Meaning you are getting the door in your face if not careful. I'm experimenting with some other solutions. There will be 5 different sizes for the storage hatches, 1 entry door and 3 different windows. Our plan is to keep using the Arctic Tern blind assembly as they are of very good quality and readily available to us with having to reinvent the wheel... But the best thing is that we are 50% of our competitions weight and price!

Wazak

The inside is the same as outside. Overall a colour matched gel coat finish. Stainless hardware throughout. We planed to use struts but it turns out that the flap is too light for them. Meaning you are getting the door in your face if not careful. I'm experimenting with some other solutions. There will be 5 different sizes for the storage hatches, 1 entry door and 3 different windows. Our plan is to keep using the Arctic Tern blind assembly as they are of very good quality and readily available to us with having to reinvent the wheel... But the best thing is that we are 50% of our competitions weight and price!
Andreas, can the hatch doors be side or bottom hinged?
Barry

Victorian

Here are a couple more pictures. The latch is well protected from dirt. If needed the latch can be replaced/repaired in no time.

Attachments

• IMG-1766.JPG
    IMG-1766.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG-1767.JPG
    IMG-1767.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG-1768.JPG
    IMG-1768.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG-1772.JPG
    IMG-1772.JPG