Mercedes Sprinter Fixed Cabin Expedition Camper

Overland Explorer

Supporting Sponsor
Overland Explorer Expedition Vehicles(OEV) is offering a unique expedition camper for sale in Red Deer, Alberta.

Brief Description:
2014 MBZ Sprinter 3500 Cab Chassis 2wd with approx. 1,800 miles
13.75' OEV Composite Cabin
$150,000 CAD(~$118,000 USD) fob Red Deer, Alberta
(detailed specs follow pics)

** We are attending Overland Expo West in Flagstaff May 18-20. Please come by our space and check out this camper as well as our new composite pop up truck camper ! **

i-CjCS5Pr-L.jpg

i-kkKTbxJ-L.jpg

i-g95DRt4-L.jpg

i-QwfKZpj-L.jpg

i-cgVRMJH-L.jpg

i-RbKpR8Q-L.jpg

i-gcMjfWQ-L.jpg

i-c4pfmG2-L.jpg

i-BhWd3Rs-L.jpg

i-qRmP3n3-L.jpg

OEV 2014 MB Sprinter 170 • New 2014 MB Sprinter chassis, fully loaded, 11 030 LB. GVW. • Gross vehicle dry weight 9310 LB. • Dry rear axle weight 5545 LB • Dry front axle weight 3765 LB • Available payload 1710 LB. • Van Compass 3” suspension system • BF Goodrich All Terrain KO Tires • Cabin dry weight including subframe, rear bumper, lower cabinets, spare tire and carrier 4580 LB. • OEV composite cabin, 42 mm honeycomb core composite panels with OEV proprietary extrusions • Body exterior dimensions 165” long, 87” high, 84” wide • Overall dimensions 271” long, 84” wide + mirrors, 127” tall • 82” Interior height • OEV roof rack • Rear tire carrier and hitch • Overhead storage tray • Forward facing LED lighting • Full lower external storage cabinets • Rear bed, dry bath • 216 Liter fresh water capacity • 120 Liter grey water capacity • Seitz windows • Dual locking security door • Max air fan in bath and galley • 3 Group 31 AGM batteries • 160 Watt expandable solar • 1500 Watt pure sine high surge inverter • Under bed removable storage • Outside shower • LED interior lighting including reading lights • Webasto Duo Top Evo diesel heat and hot water system • Webasto X100 Diesel cook top

Last edited:

KSatYVR

What size is the bed? By Dry bath, does that mean only shower is the outdoor one? Nice looking van, interesting floor plan.

Overland Explorer

Supporting Sponsor
Bed size is a double.

Dry bath means that the shower and toilet are in separate enclosures in the bathroom area. A wet bath is where the shower and toilet are in the same enclosure.

Msand

Importer
If you don't mind me asking, why would you do such a beautiful build on a non-4x4 chassis?

And is it a Canadian imported/built sprinter or did it come from the USA? I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it, but if thats the case it can't be bought to the US, Correct? Reason I ask is because my friend was wanting to buy a pre built NomadVanz sprinter, and he couldn't bring it to the states because of our 25yr import rule. he would've had to wait until like 2041 to register it in the states.

jamesk

Observer
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's 2wd because the cutaway chassis isn't available in 4wd.
And on the transit van side of the house, the cutaway isn't offered with the Ecoboost motor.

Why is it so hard to get a sweet custom rig the way we want it in the USA without paying earthroamer/gxv premium price?

To overland explorer: great job on this one. I'm saving for a full-time rig as an upgrade from my SMB and I've been watching your builds for over a year. In the future I'll be looking to you to build me something very similar to the this sprinter on an econoline cutaway with a ujoint or similar kit.

Overland Explorer

Supporting Sponsor
If you don't mind me asking, why would you do such a beautiful build on a non-4x4 chassis?

And is it a Canadian imported/built sprinter or did it come from the USA? I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it, but if thats the case it can't be bought to the US, Correct? Reason I ask is because my friend was wanting to buy a pre built NomadVanz sprinter, and he couldn't bring it to the states because of our 25yr import rule. he would've had to wait until like 2041 to register it in the states.

We are Master Upfitters for Mercedes Benz Canada and we happened upon this cab chassis through our connects and elected to design and build a composite cabin for it.

All Sprinters in North America are shipped partially assembled from the factory in Germany and reassembled in South Carolina to avoid the 25% import duty on foreign produced trucks. They are built to US FMVSS safety standards and will have no problem coming (back)to the US. The only mod will be to swap out the instrument cluster(which we will do) from kMs/hr to MPH. We have a custom's broker that handles all of our import and export transactions as well.

Overland Explorer

Supporting Sponsor
We had a buyer from Expo West that placed a deposit on this rig only to have his financing fall through.

So, this beauty is back on the market.

Please email or PM if interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles