Microsoft Surface GPS?

Blender

Adventurer
Maps pro looks alright. Reviews had problems with offline maps which is a bummer.

I've been using delorme topo USA, but I can't recommend it. the vector maps are great and compact, but the interface does not work well with touch. very powerful, but hard to use.

Coachgeo

Explorer
Maps pro looks alright. Reviews had problems with offline maps which is a bummer.

I've been using delorme topo USA, but I can't recommend it. the vector maps are great and compact, but the interface does not work well with touch. very powerful, but hard to use.
what is it best used with voice or keyboard/mouse?

Coachgeo

Explorer
It's best used with mouse/keyboard in a desk environment.
what about with a tuff-book like laptop w/ on screen keyboard and touch pen? Granted I have an RF keyboard w/touchpad too. Got this older tuff book just for this kind of use thus the question.... thanks for trying to answer them.

ohiobenz

An update on my setup. I used the Surface with Maps Pro and downloaded files of US and Canada, a GlobalSat antenna for 34 days, 9220 miles without any significant issues. Google Maps files that I converted to KML worked fine, as well as GPX files from the trip coordinator.
The only problem was that I occasionally had to restart because the GPS cursor wasn't aligned with the displayed map.
The big screen was awesome for both navigator and driver.
We went through the Canadian Rockies, Cascades, and multiple US areas without any data connection.
When in data I had the option of running my phone hotspot and use Google Maps for directions, but Maps Pro worked just as well.

umpqua

Observer
I too have a Panasonic Toughpad. Having a hard time finding maps that are supported in Windows 10. Hoping to revive this conversation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles