Military trailers

Outback

Explorer
I picked up 7 Military trailers. Not sure what model they are but they have 8 foot long beds. They have a 3/4 ton rating as well. I also have a friend who has a few Military com shelters. One is pictured. I was planning on mating one of the trailers with one of these shelters. Anyway some food for thought.

Attachments

• Military trailers 001.jpg
    Military trailers 001.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 449
  • Military trailers 002.jpg
    Military trailers 002.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 281
  • Military trailers 004.jpg
    Military trailers 004.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Military trailers 005.jpg
    Military trailers 005.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Military trailers 003.jpg
    Military trailers 003.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Military trailers 006.jpg
    Military trailers 006.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 1,199

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Heck yeah nice find! There are several folks on here right now looking for them. Those are the ones used behind the HUMVEE.
IIRC that's the M101A2 the A2's had the H-1 hummer wheels and the M101 had the standard steel wheels. I'm sure one of the guru's on here can confirm or correct me there.

Last edited:

tommudd

Explorer
how much do those weigh, most are pretty heavy unless you have a 3/4 ton or so pulling them.
But the Military Communications shelter or what ever they are called, I would love to find one of them close enough to buy! Where is your buddy at? Anywhere near the midwest?

Bella PSD

Explorer
I was planning on mating one of the trailers with one of these shelters. Anyway some food for thought.

Like this(see picture below)...I like it!

S250/G Commo Shelter Camper Conversion
Go here to see how he made it into a camper.
http://www.sanlee.com/jeep/S250camper/default.htm
truckcamper.jpg

Outback

Explorer
Yes just like that pictured above! The trailers are not to heavy in my opinion. But all I have are 1 ton trucks and tow 12,000 lbs trailers. So this to me is light. I can pick up the hitch from the ground (a few have no stands) and can pull the trailer over to my truck and place it on my pintle no problem. I have two types of shelters. One is just like the one pictured above. Its about 6 feet long. The other I have available to me is 8' long and has an airconditioning unit mounted on the front wall. This is the unit Im probrably going to get. BUT my friend has been changing his mind on what he wants to do with them. I will ask him How much he wants for them. These units all look brand new even though they are not. They were just barely used.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Nice idea!! Those trailers seem more and more attractive as far as opening up alot of potential for a closed top build. Are the "pods" aluminum or metal and is there an approx. weight of them?

Outback

Explorer
Heres some pics of one of my trailers on some roads behind my house. I tried to get her all twisted up but I have to hit the road. I will get some pics of her on a trail after I get her registered.

Attachments

• Military trailers 011.jpg
    Military trailers 011.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Military trailers 013.jpg
    Military trailers 013.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 184
  • Military trailers 015.jpg
    Military trailers 015.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 183

Forum statistics

Threads