MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
This pic was taken from the top of Hensley Hill, located directly behind the thriving metropolis of Yaak, MT. Canada is somewhere behind me. ? A winding USFS gravel road will bring you to the top. The views are incredible and the night sky not affected by light radiation as there are really no nearby cities. If you hit good weather and clear skies this would be a wonderful site for photographing the Milky Way in April. But then, it will be covered in snow! A great place to pull a small trailer. Grizzly country.

Hensley Hill YaaK 2.jpeg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Beastie was build for roads like this. This is from the last trip I led to MT before purchasing it.

Near Glacier NP 2018.jpeg

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure that a few of them are dirt."
- John Muir

7CF68A7E-E76D-468D-AF55-C0E785497C02_1_105_c.jpeg

Two track near Monument, OR.

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
"Eventually all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."
- Norman Maclean

35478BDE-76ED-4CD8-B35C-21008454777C.jpeg

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Thinking of a Mission Overland camper. I'm happy in a sleeping bag but my wife would like to know if using sheets, blankets was feasible with the way the bed is configured? Thanks

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Great question! Yes, it certainly is. I believe that the measurements are 54" x 76" on mine. Personally, I am like you, and prefer a huge double sleeping bag with a down comforter over it when necessary. SWMBO prefers the comfort of sheets which work just as well.

Here is a shot using the Teton double sleeping bag. Normally we have the pillows in the front.

sleeping bag in Beastie.jpg

And here is picture using sheets. I think it is easier to get under the covers with the pillows in the back like this, especially with the sheets.

Sheets in the Beastie.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Thanks . I think with the heater a sleeping bag won't be needed.

I'm pretty sure you are right. We've only used the heater a couple of times in the mountains. Typically in the morning to warm up the cabin before we crawl out of bed. BTW, I added a 1-1/2" sheet of memory foam on top of the bed and we sleep like babies!

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
This picture is from the RMOR in Gunnison, CO, last summer. It pretty much shows how we set up camp for an extended stay of more than one night. The 180 w portable solar panel Mark sells does a great job of keeping all the batteries powered up. Mark has made attachment to the trailer really easy as it used the same seven pin round connector normally used to connect the trailer to the tug. One could also connect it directly to the car's batteries using the clamps provided.

Sorry for the poor quality photo editing; the iPhone overexposed the original pretty heavily. I had to lighten it up to show everything. We really appreciate the Darche 270 awning. You can see how much room it gives us. Excellent protection while cooking. We've only needed the optional sides once in Whistler for BCOR. They worked perfectly to keep the whole family out of the wind and rain.

It is hard to see, but we also have a Tire Table just in front of Nanc. Built o.k. but very light weight. Excellent platform for food prep and eating though. Can't believe we went so long without one. So for a multi-day camp like this we use the Tire Table, a foldup aluminum table, and the passenger side fender for all sorts of things.

Campsite at Gunnison.jpg

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
For a one nighter the setup usually looks more like this. Steinecker State Campground the night before we got to Flaming Gorge NM. This campsite had shore power so I took advantage of it.

Steinecker State Campground.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
It's February here in Spokane but feels more like late March. I'm getting itchy feet and want to get back to camping and overlanding! I'd love to get back to southeastern Utah in about a month or so. Here is a pic of Monument Valley from Muley Point. Great site for remote camping.

Monument Valley from Muley Point.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior