MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Hey Carbon60, where did you find that carpeted foam tile? I may want to try that in Beastie.

carbon60

Explorer
Goddamn it feels good to be sitting out a campfire. It’s been way too long and I forgot how much good it does me.
7f6c8542565fed8f9fa15f181a4049e4.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The pop top hold down was mounted higher on the P/S than on the D/S. I could fit half my hand through the opening and if my hand fit in there so could road grime and water.

I remounted the bracket as low as I could , the same as on the D/S. No change, I can still fit my hand in there.

Now I'm wondering of the top is somehow warped . I found a new hold down at O'Reilly's and will test fit it in the morning. Hopefully it is shorter than the one currently in use. If so it could work. Not much room to work with .

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_165536530_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200327_165536530_HDR.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20200327_165903501_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200327_165903501_HDR.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20200327_165907583_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200327_165907583_HDR.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 7-274-007.jpg
    7-274-007.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 60

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
That's too bad! I can't imagine the roof being warped. Please let us know what you find out.

dale

carbon60

Explorer
The pop top hold down was mounted higher on the P/S than on the D/S. I could fit half my hand through the opening and if my hand fit in there so could road grime and water.

Mine was a little loose and allowed road bumps to cause the cabin to turn into a giant pump, sucking water in any way it could. Mark changed the latches and resolved this issue. I think the front of the roof needs something to compress it down as well, but so far no water intrusion from that area.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I have the older, single hinge front, and don’t think I have these issues. Interesting. We had rain a lot last year. The only water ingress occurred at the base of the windows during strong wind events blowing against them.

carbon60

Explorer
The only water ingress occurred at the base of the windows during strong wind events blowing against them.

Assuming you have the same Dometic windows as I, this is not "normal" and is caused by insufficient torque on the window due to the soft backing behind the inside wall covering. You probably resolve by slowly tightening the window screws one at a time going around the frame repeatedly as the backing compresses down. Do that over a couple of hours or maybe days and you will find the screws have a lot of travel left.

A.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Hey Carbon60, my issue is with the windows sewn into the cloth top. And it is a minor drop by drop thing. No deluge. We have been in some really heavy rain/wind storms and just lounge about ready and listening to Spotify music on the radio.

carbon60

Explorer
Hey Carbon60, my issue is with the windows sewn into the cloth top. And it is a minor drop by drop thing. No deluge. We have been in some really heavy rain/wind storms and just lounge about ready and listening to Spotify music on the radio.

Ah yes, I have that issue currently and hope it will be corrected with storm flaps. Spending months in the trailer exposes us to all kinds of fun weather. :)

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Ah yes, I have that issue currently and hope it will be corrected with storm flaps. Spending months in the trailer exposes us to all kinds of fun weather. :)
Expand on the storm flaps. Are you making them? If so, please share the design.

Thanks,

Dale

Vogold

The pop top hold down was mounted higher on the P/S than on the D/S.

Mine was a little loose and allowed road bumps to cause the cabin to turn into a giant pump, sucking water in any way it could. Mark changed the latches and resolved this issue. I think the front of the roof needs something to compress it down as well, but so far no water intrusion from that area.
The top on our trailer sits higher on the D/S.
we had a little bit of water come in the front of the trailer, near the P/S window on the way home from our last camping trip(driving in the rain). I thought maybe we left one of the windows cracked open, but maybe we experienced the pump action too?
Did Mark install a different type of latch?
6456A998-8720-4E76-998F-DE3934832080.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior