MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

I'm guessing that sometime soon you'll be able to get back over the border. Can you wait 'til then? Come on down, do some camping, and pick up the new potti.

No worries, all good. Yes, I have been following everyone's trips on here and I must say, there's so many spots I would like to visit down there. I'm in Alberta. It has tons of spots as well, but it's different than many of the landscapes I see you guys posting from the South Western USA. I used to live in Utah as a ski bum and always wanted to spend more time down there during summer.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I went back about a half dozen pages to ensure that I hadn't posted this before. Old Geezer's attention deficit syndrome and all. Couldn't find anything so here goes. I really like the Lagun table mount I recently installed. It is moveable and allows a lot more leg room under the table. But now the table itself is free to float around when it is not secured to the Lagun. I used a couple 2" squares of self-adhesive velco to hold it in place. The big reason for getting rid of the old tubular mount was because we now have a nice "kennel" for our dog at night within the trailer. Still trying to figure out a quick and easy vertical front piece to keep her in the kennel. May try to find a piece of mesh plastic similar to that used for doggy gates and cut it to size. Adhesive backed velco would hold it in place. I also cut some brown carpeting to cover the floor. Amazing how it absorbs sounds within the trailer! The black semicircular carpeting is placed in front of our lower "tailgate" door section for cleaning shoes off before getting in.

Pics of new system and removed tubular setup.

C350D1A5-4464-4D71-964E-87DBAE24B985.jpeg5C211C0E-CC5E-4FBA-8E33-BCDBE827159B.jpeg

Last edited:

namesmokwat

Hello everyone, been reading a long and thinking about dropping the coin on a mission trailer. We live in TX and it gets very hot as you know, does anyone have any luck with DIY AC? I was wondering if adding a roof top style would be feasible option but looking for ideas or success stories. Any insight would be great!

Also any insight on how the space is for 2 folks working inside? Any photos by chance?

We would be driving 13 hours to a dealer....

Thanks everyone

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Hello everyone, been reading a long and thinking about dropping the coin on a mission trailer. We live in TX and it gets very hot as you know, does anyone have any luck with DIY AC? I was wondering if adding a roof top style would be feasible option but looking for ideas or success stories. Any insight would be great!

Also any insight on how the space is for 2 folks working inside? Any photos by chance?

Thanks everyone

Let’s ask Mike!

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I pulled the Beastie into the back yard so I could keep getting it ready for travel. I wanted to get everything open and ensure that all was in working order. I had Mark install one of the original Darche 270 deg. awnings when I purchased Beastie from him. The awning is fabulous, especially when camping for several days in inclement weather. It takes a bit of time, but it is well worth it to batten down the hatches and install the three piece wall set option. The only thing bad about the Darche is the storage compartment. It is just too tight! I pulled the awning out and set it up. All was well. I even tried out the new 10 M long LED light string we got for evening ambiance. Forgot to get a pic of the open awning, duh!

D99B81D5-8EF8-4C0F-A486-09F06C71527B.jpeg

Putting the awning away turned out to be the normal difficult five-ten minute production. I eased the difficulty greatly by lubing the zipper with this product. It works great on all outdoor zippers and I strongly recommend it. Gearhead Zipper Lubricant. I believe that Chris Cordes made a comment about it several years ago in one of his short articles. I followed up on his recommendation and am very glad that I did. One last note, I have the back wall behind my garage covered in peg board. I like to use an X-acto (sp) knife to cut off the top of the clear plastic wrap on the store packaging. Hanging it up lets me remember where items like this are and also keeps them from getting lost if stuck in a box or drawer.

87FBD9D5-5200-466A-8351-325865D18261.jpeg

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I have for many years used a Trasheroo brand garbage container lashed to my spare tire. I was very satisfied with it. But by the end of last year's camping activities UV had rotted it to the point of disintegration. It was literally falling apart as I was unloading it for the last time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a better made garbage container with similar specs? Something you have used and recommend?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I have for many years used a Trasheroo brand garbage container lashed to my spare tire. I was very satisfied with it. But by the end of last year's camping activities UV had rotted it to the point of disintegration. It was literally falling apart as I was unloading it for the last time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a better made garbage container with similar specs? Something you have used and recommend?

Always remove and wash the Trasharoo with soap after each trip. Store inside until the next trip. It should last a few years.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I pulled the Beastie into the back yard so I could keep getting it ready for travel. I wanted to get everything open and ensure that all was in working order. I had Mark install one of the original Darche 270 deg. awnings when I purchased Beastie from him. The awning is fabulous, especially when camping for several days in inclement weather. It takes a bit of time, but it is well worth it to batten down the hatches and install the three piece wall set option. The only thing bad about the Darche is the storage compartment. It is just too tight! I pulled the awning out and set it up. All was well. I even tried out the new 10 M long LED light string we got for evening ambiance. Forgot to get a pic of the open awning, duh!

View attachment 654689

Putting the awning away turned out to be the normal difficult five-ten minute production. I eased the difficulty greatly by lubing the zipper with this product. It works great on all outdoor zippers and I strongly recommend it. Gearhead Zipper Lubricant. I believe that Chris Cordes made a comment about it several years ago in one of his short articles. I followed up on his recommendation and am very glad that I did. One last note, I have the back wall behind my garage covered in peg board. I like to use an X-acto (sp) knife to cut off the top of the clear plastic wrap on the store packaging. Hanging it up lets me remember where items like this are and also keeps them from getting lost if stuck in a box or drawer.

View attachment 654690

I use an old chapstick

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer

Thanks everyone
Where are you in TX? There is a dealer in Round Rock. I've had my Mission for a second year now and love it. In hot weather, I open the windows , door and run the roof fan. The trailer cools off rather quickly. Usually at night it is comfortable. I'll add a second fan tp blow towards the front.

Cayenne-958-TDI

"WU7X, member: 7935"
"mep1811, member: 68"
Dale, Mike, It has been a while since we have corresponded to either of you. We know Dale from off-roading in the PNW and Mike about Cayenne's. You both seem to like your Mission trailers a lot. We are looking for a trailer to tow with our Cayenne, considering a Mission trailer as they answer a lot for us.
Mike, how has the Mission trailer been for you to tow with your Cayenne on off-road trails?
Dale, would love to connect with y'all in Spokane. We are hoping to travel to Boise in May to look at a Kimberley trailer there. Dale, if it would work out, would love to see you and Nancy during this trip and discuss your Mission Summit.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
"WU7X, member: 7935"
"mep1811, member: 68"
Dale, Mike, It has been a while since we have corresponded to either of you. We know Dale from off-roading in the PNW and Mike about Cayenne's. You both seem to like your Mission trailers a lot. We are looking for a trailer to tow with our Cayenne, considering a Mission trailer as they answer a lot for us.
Mike, how has the Mission trailer been for you to tow with your Cayenne on off-road trails?
Dale, would love to connect with y'all in Spokane. We are hoping to travel to Boise in May to look at a Kimberley trailer there. Dale, if it would work out, would love to see you and Nancy during this trip and discuss your Mission Summit.
Wow! It has been awhile! How are you and Otis doing? Any more rallys in the past year?

Nanc and I will be around a lot this summer. My big plans are for doing the OBCDR with a small group that Richard Hamilton is putting together. that will be near the end of June/early July. I will be leading a group doing the HOTW in Sept. I think that mike is using an LC200 to pull his trailer. I'm still with my 2011 T4R.

Dale

Cayenne-958-TDI

Wow! It has been awhile! How are you and Otis doing? Any more rallys in the past year?
Nanc and I will be around a lot this summer. My big plans are for doing the OBCDR with a small group that Richard Hamilton is putting together. that will be near the end of June/early July. I will be leading a group doing the HOTW in Sept. I think that mike is using an LC200 to pull his trailer. I'm still with my 2011 T4R.
Dale
Good to hear y'all are well! We took our 2nd trip with Richard Hamilton in 2019 to SE Oregon. That trip we visited where the OR, ID, NV borders meet-up. Our last trip pre-COVID was the ALCAN 5000 rally, quite a bit more than just the Alcan Hwy. Rally is a 5,120 mile one way road rally up to Tuktoyaktuk over to Fairbanks then Coldfoot finishing in Anchorage. Coldest temp was -40F, with a blizzard and 60mph winds the day after the below photo. We had also done this winter rally in 2016 over a different route. After driving 10-12 hrs a day competitively for 10 days we shipped 'Otis' home and flew Alaska.
We have done parts of the OBCDR. Will have to tell you about our camping at the abandoned Baker Air Force Station 44.58629, -117.7870 - dispersed, beautiful, but would not do it again w/o a trailer.
Would love to see y'all again, hoping to head that way in May.

ALCAN Arctic Ocean.jpg

jareda80

Just put a deposit down on a 2021 Summit at B&B and had a question about roof racks. Has anyone installed tracks and a full length platform rack or crossbars on the roof? I know Mission just came out with the roof rack option but it only covers about half the roof. I’m looking to haul my 12’ Flycraft boat on top and would rather not set it right on top of the vent cover. Would like to get this sorted so I can order any parts needed and install once I pick up the trailer in a few weeks. Thanks!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Just put a deposit down on a 2021 Summit at B&B and had a question about roof racks. Has anyone installed tracks and a full length platform rack or crossbars on the roof? I know Mission just came out with the roof rack option but it only covers about half the roof. I’m looking to haul my 12’ Flycraft boat on top and would rather not set it right on top of the vent cover. Would like to get this sorted so I can order any parts needed and install once I pick up the trailer in a few weeks. Thanks!

I would think a 12Ft boat is going to cover the entire roof . You might want to check what the roof weight capacity is to be able to open the roof without unloading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94