MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
This is my kitchen set up. Usually I use the Skottle to cook and a Jetboil to boil water. I'm using the trailer stove to make corned beef and cabbage for St Paddy's day out in the desert. Having the sink is such a luxury which my wife really likes and I can't complain.

thumbnail.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
"WU7X, member: 7935"
"mep1811, member: 68"
Dale, Mike, It has been a while since we have corresponded to either of you. We know Dale from off-roading in the PNW and Mike about Cayenne's. You both seem to like your Mission trailers a lot. We are looking for a trailer to tow with our Cayenne, considering a Mission trailer as they answer a lot for us.
Mike, how has the Mission trailer been for you to tow with your Cayenne on off-road trails?
Dale, would love to connect with y'all in Spokane. We are hoping to travel to Boise in May to look at a Kimberley trailer there. Dale, if it would work out, would love to see you and Nancy during this trip and discuss your Mission Summit.

I use my Land Cruiser to tow the trailer. The Cayenne certainly can tow the trailer but that is what I have the Land Cruiser for.

thumbnail (1).jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
My latest published article is about driving the Magruder Corridor trail (A long Time Gone). This trail is over 115 miles of a rough off-road trail. The article has some pictures of the trailer.

jareda80

I would think a 12Ft boat is going to cover the entire roof . You might want to check what the roof weight capacity is to be able to open the roof without unloading.

We plan to unload the boat whenever we get to our destination so we don’t need to open the top with the boat attached. I just would want a flat surface to set the boat on and tie it down without it putting weight on the fan cover. I know Rhino Rack makes a number of different tracks for bare roofs, camper shells, or bed covers that you can attach cross bars or a platform too. Not knowing the detailed construction of the roof, I’m just curious if this could be done on the roof of the Summit without much issue. Plus a full platform on the roof would make it easy to mount maxtrax, solar, boxes, bike racks, etc. and configure it how you need it for a given trip. I know the new half roof rack option from Mission is rated at 250 lbs which is plenty and I’m guessing full disbursement over the entire roof would be higher. Hopefully this makes sense.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
We plan to unload the boat whenever we get to our destination so we don’t need to open the top with the boat attached. I just would want a flat surface to set the boat on and tie it down without it putting weight on the fan cover. I know Rhino Rack makes a number of different tracks for bare roofs, camper shells, or bed covers that you can attach cross bars or a platform too. Not knowing the detailed construction of the roof, I’m just curious if this could be done on the roof of the Summit without much issue. Plus a full platform on the roof would make it easy to mount maxtrax, solar, boxes, bike racks, etc. and configure it how you need it for a given trip. I know the new half roof rack option from Mission is rated at 250 lbs which is plenty and I’m guessing full disbursement over the entire roof would be higher. Hopefully this makes sense.

You can put on cross bars that will clear the fan. Loading and unloading the roof will get very old after a couple of times.

jareda80

You can put on cross bars that will clear the fan. Loading and unloading the roof will get very old after a couple of times.
I will reach out to Mission and see if they can give me detail on the best place to drill and mount the tracks for the crossbars/platform on the roof.

Right now I’m loading/unloading off the top of a shell/roof of a 2019 Power Wagon on 37s at camp so the lower height of the trailer roof will be much better.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
My latest published article is about driving the Magruder Corridor trail (A long Time Gone). This trail is over 115 miles of a rough off-road trail. The article has some pictures of the trailer.

Mike, great article on the Macgruder Corridor. I’ve done it 3 times, but never pulling a trailer. About 10 years ago Nanc and I attended a ADV dual sport motorcycle event in Darby. I love that country!

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
My hiking and overlanding buddy Kent and I have started our springtime hiking regimen. Trying to get back in shape for long days behind the wheel. Kent will be doing the HOTW this September with me. SWMBO has declined to come with. :(
Yesterday we did a nice five mile hike in the Turnbull Wildlife Refuge which is located a few miles south of Cheney, WA. These hikes give us the opportunity to discuss camping plans, equipment needs, etc. Turnbull sits on a portion of the landscape scoured by the Great Missoula Floods during the last ice age. It is full of wildlife and native plants. Here are some of the fun things we came across.

Mama moose and yearling calf. They are pretty scruffy looking. I had never realized until now that moose shed their coats in the spring.

Moose Mama.jpgMoose Baby.jpg

Ponderosa skyline.

Ponderosa Skyline.jpg Turnbull in Spring.jpg

Arrowleaf Balsumroot and Camus flowers. Arrowleaf is my favorite springtime flower. It is a sure sign that summer is on its way. The Camus in this picture is just beginning to open. Camus roots were an important food source for local native Americans prior to arrival of Euroamericans.

Arrowleaf II.jpg Arrowleaf on Basalt.jpg Camus budding.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
MIke, looks like a kit. where did you get it? Wondering if they make one for the older model stove like the one I have. the glass covers have never impressed me that much. always waiting for an accident to happen.

Dale

A friend of mine ordered it from a RV store. Just search for the part number. The Dometic website might show what stoves it fits.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Not that many bugs up here evidently. How do you like the table you added? Seems like an excellent improvement. any dust issues?

There are bugs everywhere. I added the table when I first bought the trailer. The table very useful. Since the fender is useless as a horizontal surface the table is a game changer . Since it is outside it gets dust on it but not as much as I would have thought . Easy to wipe off .

There is a tire table that rests on the tire that would be useful. It is much cheaper option. At first, I was going to make my own side table but found the fold down table from Australia.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior