MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WFOORBUST

Wonderful pictures! I spend a lot of time in Baja and know it pretty well, so when you get ready to go let me know. If you come to Northern California area in the summer, let me know. We have an off grid cabin in the sierras about 45 minutes from Tahoe that you are welcome to use or park your trailer at, google Kirkwood resort and you will see the area we are. Thanks again for all of the information. I retire next year so I will have a lot more free time..

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Wonderful pictures! I spend a lot of time in Baja and know it pretty well, so when you get ready to go let me know. If you come to Northern California area in the summer, let me know. We have an off grid cabin in the sierras about 45 minutes from Tahoe that you are welcome to use or park your trailer at, google Kirkwood resort and you will see the area we are. Thanks again for all of the information. I retire next year so I will have a lot more free time..

We definitely will have to stay in contact in the future! I'd love to quiz you about Baja and the CA/OR coast. I'll check out Kirkwood resort tomorrow, time for bed now. This coming year should go by pretty quickly for you. Then you'll be entering the best time of your life! Retirement has been really wonderful for us, and I wish the same for you.

WFOORBUST

How many hours do you spend at gas stations answering questions and opening the door to show of the inside? I would think that trailer draws a bit of attention. I know my Aussie swag gets enough and it doesn't stand out like yours! LOL..

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Lots of thumbs up while driving along. Some gas station interaction, but mostly when we are camping. That's where people really want to check it out. That makes sense as they are the ones who really understand the build quality, etc.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I'm about to go out and shovel more snow. About an inch fell last night. Want to get it up before it warms, then freezes on the driveway and back deck. Still dreaming of camping last summer, and working on plans for our fly fishing adventures next summer. This pic evokes memories of really good times; Nanc lazing in a campchair. It was the beginning of July and everything was perfection.

Nanc in Salmon Meadows II.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I posted a picture similar to this one several pages back. This is one of my favorite subjects; a mountain road going somewhere I haven't been before. Roads like this just draw me onward.

USFS gravel road E Cascades 2019 II.jpg

Last edited:

aaen

Adventurer
Saw your trailer today at the hatchery when I was talking to Mark. Beautiful piece of work your trailer is and I love that wrap.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Saw your trailer today at the hatchery when I was talking to Mark. Beautiful piece of work your trailer is and I love that wrap.
I am glad you liked it! Hatchery, eh? Were there any chickens roosting in it? ? I haven’t heard from Mark in awhile. He’s pretty busy. So what is the hatchery?

aaen

Adventurer
Hatchery is where your trailer was born! Aka the factory.

There are.some chicks in the hatchery being developed.

Very impressive work he does on the trailers.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Aha! I am constantly amazed at Mark's inventiveness. He is always trying to improve his designs. His craftsmanship is superb. I get a hint from his Facebook page that he has something new in mind. He just never stops! Incredible!

BTW, that wrap is my wonderful wife's idea. She found that picture on a website, contacted the owner and wanted to purchase the right to use it. He gave it to her free. Said he loved the idea of having it on the Beastie.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
There is a BLM campground just west of Blanding, UT. In the sandstone cliffs just on the north side of this site are some beautiful petrogliphs. Utah is an incredible place to visit. Notice how some of the lower figures are being recovered by desert varnish (Manganese Oxide). Helps suggest to me which are the oldest, now having been superceded by fresher, and sometimes overlain by newer figures. Lots of bighorn sheep. I wonder how many hundreds of years of people returning to the site this vista contains.

Anasazi III 2018.jpeg

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Then there are the Goosenecks near Mexican Hat, UT. These are viewed from a state park and campground.

Goosenecks II 2018.jpeg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Then, of course, are Arches and Canyonlands NPs north and south of Moab, respectively. I like visiting there in mid- to late April. Lots of public lands and free campsites to pull your trailer to and get away from the winter and early spring blahs up north.

Twin Arches 2018.jpeg

Last edited:
Super excited to see the trailer in person. The one piece door could be a real game changer for me, I'm pretty wide at the shoulders and stepping up into the trailer might be better? The standard door can be a bit awkward to get in and out of. Thanks again for all of the information that you have posted and for answering all of my questions.
It's a chunk of money for a very specialized item that you can't find a lot of info on. Also nice that your reasons for going hard side is the same for us, makes me feel better about my decision. Already booked our flight and room for expo so we can kick some tires,are you going?
I have a later trailer but still with the two piece door. I am not a fan of the one piece since it needs to open much more to clear your head. Our top piece is about my head level now and the lower flap shows even lower. I am only 5'9". So I may mess with different struts to make it extend higher and hope I wont need to change the mounting locations. I do like the step on the lower door but it could be bigger to do the step in and out dance. The door could be wider too but is manageable, especially since you can reach the cabinets from the outside.

Doug.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I wonder if I should include some pics from Monument Valley and Valley of the Gods? Or Moki Dugway and Muley Point? Just thinking about those spots makes me want to get back there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz