MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
With cold weather approaching, adding these ducting tubes greatly helps heat the cabin.
This will direct the heated air into the body of the trailer rather than into the cabinet and triggering the thermostat sensor and shutting off the heater.

1637353009902.png
1637353022260.png1637353038767.png

kvothe

I get mine tomorrow morning. Super excited. Now I need to start making the mods and changes that have been posted here. I'll post about anything new that I do. Yet another one will be stomping around here in the PNW (Pacific Northwest, in Bend, Oregon specifically).

Attachments

• IMG_8811.jpg
    IMG_8811.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 80

Mountain_rider

I am selling my very clean, slightly used 2021 Summit with key upgrades.

As you can see it has the MO spare tire carrier, front rack and second propane tank. I’ve also added a few key upgrades that were lacking for my needs on the Summit. The first is a customized Front Runner rack which really expands the gear hauling capability (bikes, kayaks, paddle boards, recovery gear, etc). It includes four adjustable crossbars and is mounted in the gap between the interior roof and exterior edge of the clamshell so there are no interior roof penetrations. The second is an upgraded power system which has been completely upgraded with a Renogy MPPT controller, two 100ah AGMs, 2000 watt pure sine inverter, 2-100 watt flexible solar panels mounted to the roof, and a Noco Genius 2 battery charger. The third is an Ark XO jack which makes maneuvering the trailer much easier.

I absolutely love this trailer but we are changing things up a bit and building a Sprinter 170 EXT 4x4 for longer haul four season trips with the wife and dogs. I want to downsize trailers to something that can double as a trail trailer behind my AEV Jeep Rubicon for more technical trips and a gear hauler behind the van if we need it.

This is a very clean trailer that has been stored in my climate controlled garage when not in use. It’s a great deal for someone looking for some key aftermarket upgrades to an almost new Summit at a price point less than a new 2022 (I believe they are now around $43-44K with the spare, front rack and extra propane tank). I will be listing officially in the next week or so if it hasn’t sold before then.

Looking for $37,500 obo. Located in SLC, UT. Will consider delivery within a reasonable distance.
Sent you a message

McQuFam

I have the cot bunks in my trailer. In my opinion, they should be coverted to flat beds using some type of board. The cots are noisy and my son found them very uncomfortable. I converted our bunks to flat beds using 3/8 baltic birch and a rivet gun. It's WAY better.

We use the front box rack for firewood and a chainsaw. I wouldn't go without it.

I don't think the roof rack is very useful. The crossbars Mission sells are unnecessarily heavy and make opening the roof a bit harder. Also, putting a cargo box on top is difficult because of the location of the fan. In hindsight, I would have ordered without the rack and figured something out later.

I wouldn't bother with the extra propane tank either unless, like Mike, you have a propane firepit and just want somewhere convenient to store a tank.

You're gonna love it.

McQuFam

We are picking ours up in February. I ordered the bunks but am planning on a Westfalia style folder bunk mod in the future, do you have any pics of your setup?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Upgrade heating vent mods
To keep the heat from flowing out the vents at the foot of the bed and hitting the cabinets I bought 1 1/2 PVC elbows to route heat upwards
They will not fit into the vent with out grinding the PVC to fit inside the vent opening.
1st step is to remove the vent-it unscrews open lid and hold inner ring while unscrewing vent face.
Using a small flat blade screwdriver pop out the small spring. Save flap & spring in case you want to put the vent back to stock.
I used a 4in hand held grinder to gring 1 end to fit into the vent, grind and test fit until you get a good fit.
Screw the vent face back into place then push in the elbow pointing upward.
I'll test it with just the elbow first and plan to add an up tube of about 3-4 inches.
Part were bought at Lowes
Part #s in picture
$10.00 mod
Much sturdier than the ducting. I noticed the front of the trailer does not get much heat. Perhaps running the ducting along the wall towards the front to get some heat up there.

Request? My trailer is in winter storage right now and I won't have access to it until next week. I want to order a 200ah lithium battery that is on sale, but it is 21 inches in length and I am not sure how much space is in the battery/fridge box on the trailer. If anyone has easy access to their trailer right now, would you mind measuring the inside of the battery area front-to-back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz