MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

carbon60

Explorer
Expand on the storm flaps. Are you making them? If so, please share the design.

Marc had them made and I have yet to receive them, but I will send pics for sure.

The top on our trailer sits higher on the D/S.
we had a little bit of water come in the front of the trailer, near the P/S window on the way home from our last camping trip(driving in the rain).

That isn't right and I would look into it. I would bet on the lift mechanism fasteners being at fault.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I have not heard back from him. He is not feeling well. I'm going to hold off putting a new latch on until I hear back from him.

Your looks much worse than mine. I know after driving on a desert road for a couple of hours, with an opening that large, the pop top will be filled with dust.

I need to do a dust test on the trailer and see what happens.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I spoke to Mark and he is not allowed on the forum as a vendor. If you have question for him or posting mods he would like us to use the Mission Overland Facebook page.

Mark asked me to ask Dale to post pictures of his rear door latch. I would like to see them and see if that will work for me.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Oh! I'll check to see if I have any. I may have to ask Mark to take a couple, send them to me, and I'll post them.

Dale

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I tried posting on the Mission Overland trailer Facebook page. Looks like it locked not allowing outside posts.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
This is the only halfway decent pic I have showing the rear latches. And it only shows the bottom section latches. From NWOR in 2019. The upper set use a steel hook and loop system.

Rear Entry Beastie 2018.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I got off Facebook about three years ago. One of the best decisions I've ever made. The concept of Facebook sounds good. But it is used to mine your personal information. That is its sole purpose.

I will try to call Mark tonight. Very busy doing yard work and getting the garden ready at the moment. I hope he and the family are well.

Dale

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I got off Facebook about three years ago. One of the best decisions I've ever made. The concept of Facebook sounds good. But it is used to mine your personal information. That is its sole purpose.

I will try to call Mark tonight. Very busy doing yard work and getting the garden ready at the moment. I hope he and the family are well.

Dale
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the picture. I know what kind of latches those are.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Did some work on the trailer. I bolted down the battery box. Now it won't be sliding all over the box. I used some Temp Tusk Buffalo Straps to secure the fridge to the tray.

IMG_20200410_173452917_HDR.jpgIMG_20200410_174952291.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I added the fridge to the shore power circuit so the fridge will run off AC when plugged in. I noticed that drawer was too small for the fridge and the weight of the fridge was resting on the plug. It would not take long for the unsecured fridge bouncing on the plug to break the connection inside the fridge.
There was a cut made on the tray but it was on the wrong side. I don't know if Big Sky did that or not.

Easy cutting with a cutoff wheel and now the fridge sits correctly.

You might want to check your fridge and see if it properly fits the tray. Mark did say that Dometic did change their fridge but Big Sky should have fixed it.

IMG_20200410_171434821.jpgIMG_20200410_172822516.jpgIMG_20200410_173906845_HDR.jpg

Vogold

I noticed that drawer was too small for the fridge and the weight of the fridge was resting on the plug. It would not take long for the unsecured fridge bouncing on the plug to break the connection inside the fridge.
There was a cut made on the tray but it was on the wrong side. I don't know if Big Sky did that or not.

Easy cutting with a cutoff wheel and now the fridge sits correctly.

You might want to check your fridge and see if it properly fits the tray. Mark did say that Dometic did change their fridge but Big Sky should have fixed it.
Mark delivered our trailer to Big Sky personally and with the trailer being pulled vs trailered, the fridge plug did break by the time it arrived at Big Sky. We received excellent customer service from both Mark and Big Sky. Within an hour of finding the problem and while still at the dealership, Mark was in contact with us and setting up a replacement fridge to be shipped to our house and Big Sky removed the offending material from the fridge tray and set us up with a loaner fridge for our trip home. They would have swapped, but they only had a 50l out of a demo trailer.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I would not have known had I not looked at it and decided to wire up the fridge to shore power. Big Sky did know of the issue. and did nothing. I did make the owner aware of that.

I now have the fridge and heater wired up to shore power. Now to find an easy way to get AC power to the interior. if I can do that I'll change out the three way adapter for a power strip.

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_111557374.jpg
    IMG_20200411_111557374.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 35

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior