MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The first thing I did when I got the trailer home from the dealer was to put a carabiner on each tank strap, to keep it from popping open. I’ll check for strap tightness tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.

My tank had a padlock. The strap did not open but unhooked somehow due to the vibration of the road.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
My wife and I just got back from a 10 night trip in the trailer, we are ready to go back out!

My re-caulking the perimeter of the roof and adding Eternabond around the roof vent took care of my leak issue. It rained fairly heavy at points for about 1/3 of the time we were out there(plenty hard enough to test for leaks). The wind was blowing too and everything was dry on the inside.

I’d like to find a way to replace the shower hose with a longer one, this one is kinda short but it works great and has good pressure.

The 100Ah lithium battery and 120 watt solar panel provided all the power we needed for the 10 nights and days. I used a long bungee cord and looped it around the fan vent to keep the solar panel on the roof, easy and out of the way.

View attachment 588533
View attachment 588531

The road to our camp
View attachment 588534

View attachment 588535
View attachment 588536

I will need to lengthen the shower hose as well. I used mine to rinse dust and pollen off the solar panels. I'll have to wait until I get the ensuite shower enclosure installed first.

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
My wife and I just got back from a 10 night trip in the trailer, we are ready to go back out!

My re-caulking the perimeter of the roof and adding Eternabond around the roof vent took care of my leak issue. It rained fairly heavy at points for about 1/3 of the time we were out there(plenty hard enough to test for leaks). The wind was blowing too and everything was dry on the inside.

I’d like to find a way to replace the shower hose with a longer one, this one is kinda short but it works great and has good pressure.

The 100Ah lithium battery and 120 watt solar panel provided all the power we needed for the 10 nights and days. I used a long bungee cord and looped it around the fan vent to keep the solar panel on the roof, easy and out of the way.

View attachment 588533
View attachment 588531

The road to our camp
View attachment 588534

View attachment 588535
View attachment 588536

What lithium battery do you use?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof

View attachment 588533
View attachment 588531

The road to our camp
View attachment 588534

View attachment 588535
View attachment 588536
Hey Vogold, where did you go camping? That looks like a cinder cone in the background in one of your pictures.

I am so happy to see that you and Mike are ironing out your issues and are actually able to get out camping. still waiting to get my Beastie back from Canada. I finally finished getting my garden in so it is time to find a good trout stream to camp next to for awhile.

Dale

Vogold

Hey Vogold, where did you go camping? That looks like a cinder cone in the background in one of your pictures.

I am so happy to see that you and Mike are ironing out your issues and are actually able to get out camping. still waiting to get my Beastie back from Canada. I finally finished getting my garden in so it is time to find a good trout stream to camp next to for awhile.

Dale
Central Oregon, near Sisters. That cinder cone In the background is Black Butte.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Really looks good Mike. I just may have to get one of those. Are you keeping the original on the driver's side? did you make a cut in the top plate to fit it? That's what it looks like in the pics.

Dale
Thanks.
Yes I'm going to keep the other jack. You have to cut a hole in the plate to fit the jack. I just used a hole saw.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Anyone else fighting with their Darsch awning ? Trying to pack that up is difficult and definitely a two person job.

The Rhino Rack Batwing is a one person open and close and zipping it up is never an issue.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Mike,

There is a trick to it. First of all, start at the front and fold, then do the same at the rear. Trying to roll it up sucks. There is a great YouTube video about how to do it. If you can't locate it, let me know and I'll try to dig it up.

I complained to Darche and requested a different storage pouch. They never replied.

Dale

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I've watched the videos . There is a design flaw in the cover. It should not have to be zipped so tightly.

carbon60

Explorer
I've watched the videos . There is a design flaw in the cover. It should not have to be zipped so tightly.

They changed the design at some point to make the cover larger. I don’t know if I have the larger cover or not. It’s very snug but I have no issues getting it to close after doing it 3-4 times.

A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior