MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

From what I can tell on my Summit, it is using the 3 horizontal bolts through the frame (2 on one side of a cross member and a 3rd on the other side of the cross member). It also appears that the frames are welded with a right angled bracket securing the Timbren vertically utilizing the vertical holes. Then, the additional cross member is added between the axles. The only thing not completely to spec is that the cross member support is only bolted to the Timbren hanger using one bolt, not two. I imagine it is an easy fix to drill and add a bolt.

I cannot tell whether the holes through the frame are sleeved but with the Timbren secured using all the methods mentioned above, my mind is at ease.

I was a tree planter in Northern BC so I'm accustomed to bears but this year, two different grizzlies killed two different people within weeks of one another close to where I live. Seems the growth of outdoor recreation is starting to piss the bears off. Unfortunately, sidearm ownership is highly restricted here. Even cattle ranchers, who are exposed to dozens of grizzly encounters each year, are not permitted to carry/transport a sidearm. Having said that, I've spent a ton of time camping in foot-powered bear country and it's not something I'm overly concerned about.

Last edited:

colb45

Observer
Question for existing owners since I have not been able to see one in person yet. Is it possible to have rear recovery points fabricated or incorporated with these trailers?

We tend to go down fairly technical trails year round, especially in the winter time I feel like there will potential recoveries.

Roamin Rover

Hey guys, just chiming in here regarding the axle. I have trailer #4 I believe (The topo design wrap they use now was our design). From what I can see in the pics, there is a major change in the frame layout from where Dale's trailer (#1) and mine were made. The water tank on mine is behind a crossmember welded in at the point of connection of the axles and he added a flange on top of the frame for the vertical bolts from the axle. There was no bolt in support bar installed from Mark but he was going to come to Seattle and install it before Covid hit. I have since installed the 2"x3" 1/4" steel tube bar and bolted it all in. In regards to the crushing and sleeves the frame is C-channel on mine not a tube frame. Other than smacking my head for the first year before I reworked the entry door, it has been pain free so far.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I have incredible news for all. I spoke directly with Mark this morning. In fact, we did a FaceTime from his new factory in Winnepeg. My insurance company is writing off Beastie. :cry: Mark will be building me a replacement. Everything about these newer trailers is much better, beefier, and competent than poor little Beastie. The frame is much beefier, the suspension more heavy duty, plus mounted significantly better, better heater and electronics, So my ordeal is coming to an end, thanks to Mark and his support.I can't ask for more than that.

Dale

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
I have incredible news for all. I spoke directly with Mark this morning. In fact, we did a FaceTime from his new factory in Winnepeg. My insurance company is writing off Beastie. :cry: Mark will be building me a replacement. Everything about these newer trailers is much better, beefier, and competent than poor little Beastie. The frame is much beefier, the suspension more heavy duty, plus mounted significantly better, better heater and electronics, So my ordeal is coming to an end, thanks to Mark and his support.I can't ask for more than that.

Dale
That is AWESOME to hear. Congratulations and BRAVO to Mark and Mission as well!!

ITTOG

Dale
That is great. Glad to hear positive news for you since you seemed to be on the forefront in getting one and use it a lot.

Dale

Good things come to good people. Happy that, not only will you continue being Mission Overland user, you will get all the benefits of the latest Summit model. Couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles