MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

lornio

I posted how to wire the trailer and the cabin for 110V on this thread. On shore power, the fridge, furnace and a power strip inside work.

Hey mep1811. I wasn’t able to find your post you mentioned above. Can you point me to it? I just picked up a 2022 MO Summit and would like to add 110v so that I can run the Truma Combi with electricity when on shore power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Hey mep1811. I wasn’t able to find your post you mentioned above. Can you point me to it? I just picked up a 2022 MO Summit and would like to add 110v so that I can run the Truma Combi with electricity when on shore power.

You need to look in the compartment opposite the kitchen drawer to see if your Truma has an electrical wire. The instructions should tell you as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_140243237.jpg
    IMG_20200326_140243237.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20200326_162414323.jpg
    IMG_20200326_162414323.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 45

lornio

You need to look in the compartment opposite the kitchen drawer to see if your Truma has an electrical wire. The instructions should tell you as well.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I don’t see a plug. It looks like the Truma Combi Eco, which comes with the Summit 2022 models doesn’t support an electric mode. The Truma Combi Eco Plus and Comfort Plus do.

EPO

From information I've seen, the closed exterior height of the Approach will be 98" thus not able to get into an 8ft garage without airing down or switching out wheels every time one wants to move it in/out of the garage. This is a huge miss imo and will result in many many lost sales. Very disappointing.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

From information I've seen, the closed exterior height of the Approach will be 98" thus not able to get into an 8ft garage without airing down or switching out wheels every time one wants to move it in/out of the garage. This is a huge miss imo and will result in many many lost sales. Very disappointing.

I hear you as i live at 7,000 feet with average snowfall in the hundreds of inches. HoA won't allow RV s in driveway. Covered storage is 300-400 per month. You would think with a pop-up trailer it would fit in an 8' garage. The problem is off road ground clearance (18-20 ") , beefy chassis, thick ceiling/ floors and 76+ inches of standing height puts even these pop ups at 98-100 inch height. I mean a Taxa will fit but it has minimal ground clearance and off road capability.

If you want a stand up off road trailer and have a 8' garage you will have to pull wheels and roll in on wheel dollies. I have a plan for that process if anyone is interested and will follow up if works.

These would work if your garage entry is smooth. Remember your front tounge dolly will need to be lowered 6-7 inches as well. Not sure one will get the 7 " drop unless the brake drums can be lowered on dollies. Maybe with a rubber padding that would work. If you can find 8 " rims that would fit that might work. Just not sure the height of these dollies. My trailer will have four heavy duty weight baring stab jacks that I will put dual wheels on each stab jack lower Trailer until the brake drums are 1 inch off the ground the roll in.

Looks like the Summit has the same type of stab jacks I will have. Not sure if the Approach will have these or if they will be mounted with enough travel but if so you can get duel wheels that replace the foot on the stab jacks. The Approach will be heavier then mine so probably need to be careful

Where did you find information that the Approach is 98 ". I can't find any specs other then what's posted on website which is dated. I know MO said the hard side walls are 5' . This trailer looks under 95 inches to me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221012-203430_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221012-203430_Instagram.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 37

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles