Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

Plumb Bob

Here is my" in progress" build. I built the camper last year for a 450 Ford. I finally landed my Fuso dream vehicle and started building a flat bed for general truck use and to haul the camper. Getting a dog "habitat" kennel out of the deal also :) Locally built SIP panels are used for the camper and dog house.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 3.29.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 3.29.16 PM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 304
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 7.49.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 7.49.04 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 268

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
Here is my" in progress" build. I built the camper last year for a 450 Ford. I finally landed my Fuso dream vehicle and started building a flat bed for general truck use and to haul the camper. Getting a dog "habitat" kennel out of the deal also :) Locally built SIP panels are used for the camper and dog house.

I'd be really interested to hear your first hand comparison between the two platforms once you've got a few miles on the Fuso.

-Chris

Plumb Bob

I'd be really interested to hear your first hand comparison between the two platforms once you've got a few miles on the Fuso.

-Chris
Quite a difference between this COE and conventional diesel PU I have owner. I have owned several Dodge Cummins and Powerstrokes. I have owned 2WD Isuzu in the past also so I was expecting the over the wheel, straight axle ride. It is a rough ride, even on the smoothest re-paved interstates slight bump in the road are felt.

It drives more like a piece of farm equipment or construction equipment as far as engine power. It struggles to maintain 65 on even moderate interstate grades, drops to 5th occasionally 4th on steep hills, about 55 mph. It could use another 20 or so hp for comfortable 70 mph interstate travel. I'll plan future trips on secondary roads, limit interstate travel. 60- 65 mph seems to be it's comfort range,

I'd say this truck platform is 65- 35 bias for off road or slow travel compared to highway. The trip across Oklahoma most folks are driving 75- 80 mp, even the majority of the semis are running 70 mph plus.

I like the ride position, nice to be above oncoming headlights. The cab over design provides plenty of chassis for camper builds. Traction is amazing from the little off road and snow I have run in. The truck, while spartan seems to be well built, rugged components, nice fit and finish on what little cab there is.

Crazy loud fan noise in the cab when it kicks in, I need to address that before warm weather. I'd certainly advise anyone considering a cab over take a test drive on various road conditions, be sure you experience the difference.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Kits by us. Assembled either by the customer or through a truck builder in Vancouver .

Attachments

• 19989508_486816428328179_1400216108957661065_n.jpg
    19989508_486816428328179_1400216108957661065_n.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Fuso camper 01.JPG
    Fuso camper 01.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 247
  • Fuso camper 02.JPG
    Fuso camper 02.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 246
  • Fuso camper 03.JPG
    Fuso camper 03.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 235

ricardo

Observer
Nick Disjunkt (JIM THE TRUCK Blog) had some trouble with rocks getting stuck in the DUALS, but i cannot find the exact page on his website.

duel: a contest with deadly weapons arranged between two people in order to settle a point of honor. (i.e. nothing to do with tires :D)

There is also conern of being able to air down a dually tire for several reasons. Firstly, most dually tires are high load range with stiffer than SRW sidewalls, i.e. designed to carry heavy loads or you likely would not need dual rear tires. They do not air down well, the lips are different than normal truck tires and the insides of the tires can actually rub together at low pressure or high loads, causing both tires to fail.

Dually tires are for stability and for heavy loads, not for serious off road work.
Truco Sur Americano...

I big heavy rod hanging very low in between the two tires, is Loud but it work every time, basically stop the rock on the first revolution before it has time to wedge in between the tires..

I have seeing thousands on them on heavy machinery that work on unpaved environments like open mines, heavy construction, etc

Greenbarn

I thought I would share our truck it has been a work in progress for the past 8 months. I bought the truck as a cab and chassis, build the flat deck, and bought the camper from someone who sold their truck. Easter weekend was the maiden voyage to Port Renfrew on Vancouver Island about 2 hours from home in Cowichan.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Another one based on the west coast of Canada.

Attachments

• IMG-3414.JPG
    IMG-3414.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG-3464.JPG
    IMG-3464.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 236

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste